Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electric fan

my xj has 2 fans, the regular old belt fan then another that is electric. Anyone else have one and know what temp they turn on at? and can you change the temp? and lastly, should i feel speshul(and in case your wondering i know thats not how you spell special) that my cherokee has dual fans?
    B R E T T
    87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

my understanding is that all XJ's with the I6 (don't know about the 4-bangers) have dual fans. if you have A/C or "heavy duty cooling" options, then you have a 3-core radiator instead of a 2-core. (or is it 2 core instead of 1 core... I forget )

the aux fan comes on when the A/C is turned on, or when coolant temp reaches ~210-215*F, off at ~190*F

unfortunately, the cut-in/cut-out temps are controlled by the engine computer and can't be changed... unless you're hand with electronics and feel like changing the temp. sender's output but fiddling with resistors i think the only thing you could do is make the fan come on at a lower temperature.

are you having cooling problems, or just curious?

Comment

My 88 had 2 fans. I'm not sure when they came on, but they seemed to be on all the time! Especially when I was in 4Lo
      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by cbremer

unfortunately, the cut-in/cut-out temps are controlled by the engine computer and can't be changed... unless you're hand with electronics and feel like changing the temp. sender's output but fiddling with resistors i think the only thing you could do is make the fan come on at a lower temperature.
        Or you can hard wire it to a switch.
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

well... yeah... that too

Comment

yes it seemed to be running pretty hot, i changed and flushed the radiator and all the fluid, it hasnt been as hot but i also havent driven it very far for very long. hard wiring sounds fun, i like switches, but i dont wanna go through all that crapola.
            B R E T T

Comment

Another thing you can do to help the cooling is convert it to a 92+ open style radiator. It gets rid of that trouble some pressure vessle and gives better cooling.

Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I have a 1990 XJ. the fans runs all the time. The wiring diagrams I have don't even show it. Any ideas?

1990 4.0 Renix AW4 bone stocker.
                1956 Willys Wagon restomod

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
                  Another thing you can do to help the cooling is convert it to a 92+ open style radiator. It gets rid of that trouble some pressure vessle and gives better cooling.

would that be pretty straight forward? I have a place i could get all the parts. what things do i need?
                  B R E T T

Comment

Working...
                  X