Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep shop in Burbank

Does anybody know of a good Jeep friendly mechanic/ shop in Burbank or Valley Village? A friend of mine has a Cherokee that needs some help!

Thanks!
    That's a BIG rock!

Oru is in burbank

Comment

4xDRs I think is there.
      Head nut at Outdoorlogic
      Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
      www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

4XDoctor is in Burbank, that's who I would go to. Mike is the owner and he knows what he is doing. He was even on Monster Garage years ago.
        The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

Thanks guys!
          That's a BIG rock!

Comment

I personally would avoid ORU. I've never used 4XDR, but I know Mike Duncan knows what he's doing.

Comment

What's wrong with oru? I don't use them that's just where I get parts from

Comment

Originally posted by 4wheelinmike View Post
                What's wrong with oru? I don't use them that's just where I get parts from
                I have never gotten anything except attitude from them. Its like pulling teeth to get them to order parts for my CJ.

If I'm just ordering parts, I've been using 4WP. You have to do a little research when shopping with 4WP, because they have 3 different prices for the same item: online, catalog, phone quotes. When buying my OX from them, it was a significant difference between catalog and online....nearly $200 difference.

Comment

That was the same when I bought my lift from 4wp. But adrian at 4wp on sepulvida blvd has called me stupid the 4 times I've gone in there to try and get my springs swapped out for new ones. I think I know that my jeep doesn't sit level it sits way loxer on the passanger side

Comment

Originally posted by 4wheelinmike View Post
                    I think I know that my jeep doesn't sit level it sits way loxer on the passanger side
                    Mine too! I was thinking about switching the rear springs to see if that levels it out . . . I guess it's a pretty common thing. My rear bumper is lower by 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch on the passenger side.
                    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Wow so the Taco(Tacoma lean) just doesnt affect Toyotas..but we get ours from the fuel tank being on that side. I don't know why your Jeeps would get it. I have found that 4WP is hit or miss with the quality of customer service they provide.

OP- 4xDR is one place I would trust. I have met him at TDS on some runs and is very knowledgeable. Anytme someone was in need of help on the trail he was there to help the few times I met him. Some of the other Shop owners consider themselves "Elite" and to good to help, he is down to earth in my experience.

Comment

Working...
                      X