Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard top

What advice can anyone give regarding the best / easiest method of sealing the hard top onto a 95' yj ?

It is going on for the winter for the first time but will still be R&R'ed occasionally.

I just went to home depot and got some weather-stripping that had adhesive tape on one side (put the adhesive side on the hard top so when you remove the top you won't have to peel it off your tub). I used that all along the tub and rear door. The weather stripping on my full doors was shot and it whistled on the highway but never leaked. You won't have much trouble keeping the rain out. Adjusting the doors can help but it’s a PITA.
    Those left standing
    Will make millions
    Writing books on ways
    It should have been
    -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Did you put it on the angled flange surface or the horizontal surface of the under side of the top and poke the bolts through it ?

Comment

I put it on the horizontal surface. I just stoped where the bolts went thru so I wouldn't have to cut holes in the weather-stripping.
        Those left standing
        Will make millions
        Writing books on ways
        It should have been
        -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

I just put the top on. It is California, nothing like back in New England, even in NE I just put the top on. It is a Jeep, it leaks air in ALL over the place, your heater has a direct line from hell, so you shouldn't have any problems.

Hah.

Comment

You need to have some kind of rubber to keep the fiberglass from rubbing on the bear metal. It will rattle itself to death.
            Those left standing
            Will make millions
            Writing books on ways
            It should have been
            -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Working...
            X