Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what jack stands should i use?

I want to take my suspension off so I can switch it out for new leafs. What jackstand would have the heighth for supporting the frame with tires on? I have 3 ton stands now that are way too short...before someone asks why do I want to keep the tires on its because I'm doing it in the driveway and I have HOA and they don't like me working on anything in the driveway

Harbor freight. I used them on my build. Can't remember the tonnage but they extended to like 28" IIRC.
    Check out .

Comment

The big HF ones work really well :thumbs_up

Its no fun without family

Comment

6 ton is the size you want. Not so much for their weight capacity since even the 3 ton jack stands are strong enough, but for their taller height.
        The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

FYI, sometimes the HF ones go on sale for something crazy-cheap like $20-30 a pair. I third or fourth them. In their lowest position they're taller than my fully extended 3-ton stands.
          If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Looks like I'm making an HF run after school tomorrow. Thanks guys!

Comment

I did the HF ones and Cinder blocks for extra height.

Comment

A lot of those places carry the same basic China-made jack stands.

Originally posted by th3_d0c
                I did the HF ones and Cinder blocks for extra height.
                Please don't use cinder blocks to hold your vehicle up. They have been known to fall over and even crush underneath vehicles, jacks and jack stands. If you have to improvise, timbers are much safer. Set them up like cribbing.
                holes = cowbell

Comment

Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
                  Please don't use cinder blocks to hold your vehicle up. They have been known to fall over and even crush underneath vehicles, jacks and jack stands. If you have to improvise, timbers are much safer. Set them up like cribbing.
                  x2! I have seen a cinder block crushed under the weight of a vehicle... not pretty. Using wood is a much better option if you really need the extra height.
                  |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

At first I was thinking of cinderblocks but I advised myself out of it...just in case

Comment

Check the back of most any vehicle or outdoor magazine. HF usually runs a 20% off coupon.
                      God forgives, rocks don't
                      -sons of thunder

Comment

Those adds are amazing I rip them out everytime I get a new mag so I always have them and don't have to hunt cover to cover when I need them!

Comment

I would recommend buying four rather than just two. That way you can get the whole thing off the ground.
                          Rich

Comment

Yeah I was thinking of getting 4

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                              Harbor freight. I used them on my build. Can't remember the tonnage but they extended to like 28" IIRC.
                              they are the 12ton that extend to 28", i have a pair. tallest you can get without spending lots of cash.

Comment

Working...
                              X