Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Grabber Tire

I've seen some new to me tires around & I was wondering if anyone has first hand experience on using the 35X12.50X15 General Grabber by General Tire. They have been using them for off road races for several years developing them, & they seem to do very well & just got introduced to the general market not long ago.
    I saw one at Four Wheel Parts the other day & it looked very impressive, the tread design is totally different & it was mentioned to me that has been out performing some other top brands in traction tests.
    Yesterday I got my November issue of 4 Wheel mag. & there on the back cover was the G/T Grabber, not really wild about the red lettering but you could always put that on the inside~!~
    Snoopy

One of our board members here is running them SfcCotton and he hates them. He said the wear really fast and are horrible for getting traction on the rocks. Id pm him for more information
    [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

From what I have seen of these tires: Good for racing not for rocks. I know of a few guys that run them in MDR/SCORE/ but I am sure even these are not the same compound.
      Head nut at Outdoorlogic
      Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
      www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

Originally posted by dr.dirty View Post
        One of our board members here is running them SfcCotton and he hates them. He said the wear really fast and are horrible for getting traction on the rocks. Id pm him for more information
        I ran the general grabber mud terrain brand about four years ago. Unless they have changed something,... the compound is very soft so they wear fast and the side walls are on the thin side. However, for the money I paid for them at the time and as an over all on the trail they were not bad. But I would not buy them again.
        "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Time for new tires Snoopy? I talked to a guy at 4wp that is running them. He HATES them. They're wearing fast and suck on the rocks.
          It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Working...
          X