Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ: Eaton E-Locker

I was wondering if anyone has a elocker in their TJ's, I think they are using it in the JK. I cant seem to find any current reviews on putting them in the TJ Rubicons 44's.

I have two

I am running Eaton E Lockers in my TJs front 30 and rear 44. I upgraded to 30 spline on the front when I did the install. I have had nothing but good luck with these lockers, I would do the same thing again. You need to be stopped or going slower than 3 MPH when you engage and dis-engage them but that's only smart anyway. In the winter I spend a lot of time in the snow and being able to unlock my diffs is a huge advantage when driving on snow covered asphalt. I have had most types of lockers over the years and so far these rate right up there with ARBs for me.

Comment

A friend used to run Eaton's E-Locker but he had problems with it where Eaton basically told him to go pound sand when he asked for support on it. He is now happily running an ARB Air Locker.
      The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

i don't recomend it at all. i have a friend that has one in his 90 wrangler 4 cyl. he has a ford 8.8 rear swapped in with the eaton locker. the locking pins that lock it sheared off along with a few other parts, this was about 6 months after install. Eatons warranty won't cover failure with oversize tires, i think over 30". he had 33s. I think the parts were about $150 to fix it at home, a shop would be alot higher. the main point is he broke it with a 4cyl and wasn't even getting on it..

Comment

I have heard several stories about problems with the early design for the D35 and 8.8. All I can say is that I abuse the ones in my D30 and D44 regularly without any problems.
          Last edited by calkid; 09-17-10, 11:05 PM.

Comment

My brother has them in his JK D44s. I dont like waiting for him to roll back and fourth to lock and unlock his lockers. Sometimes sitting there for 3 mins. I got the Ected locker about a year ago and no problems at all running 35s and 4.56s.

Comment

Working...
            X