Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transgender Barbie gets mani, pedi, wood transplant...

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transgender Barbie gets mani, pedi, wood transplant...

The plastic Barbie Jeep gets full detail, interior, exterior, underside, engine compartment. Doesn't happen often, but when it does it's historical. Look at the Jeep shine!

Rear drive line vibe was getting really bad. Tom Wood's took it back for some rework giving it a new style flange for the transfer case side, serviceable ball joint in the double cardon, new u-joints, lengthened a whole 7/16", and balanced. Hope to have gotten rid of all the vibe.
    Last edited by snydercj7; 07-07-10, 04:42 PM.
    Build it right the first time.

Originally posted by snydercj7 View Post
    Rear drive line vibe was getting really bad. Tom Wood's took it back for some rework giving it a new style flange for the transfer case side, serviceable ball joint in the double cardon, new u-joints, lengthened a whole 7/16", and balanced. Hope to have gotten rid of all the vibe.
    If that doesn't stop the vibe prob, try this. I removed the flange mount at the back of the t-case. I replaced it with a fixed yoke. This lengthened the d-shaft and reduced the angle. I have no vibration issues.

Jeep looks good. Get'm them dirty is more fun then cleaning them tho.
    It was like that when I got here.

Comment

What happened to your mirrors?
      That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Take a Closer Look!

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
        What happened to your mirrors?
        Joe,

Look closer at pic #2. Josh has mounted round mirrors inside the cab on the roll bar uppers! They look good and you won't knock'em off or tweek'em in tight places!

Jeep looks great Josh! I'm sure you'll get it nice and dirty on the Rubicon!

Scott
        "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Very trick! I like the clean look but was wondering how you don't get hassled. Jeep looks great!
          That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Tumbleweed13 View Post
            If that doesn't stop the vibe prob, try this. I removed the flange mount at the back of the t-case. I replaced it with a fixed yoke. This lengthened the d-shaft and reduced the angle. I have no vibration issues.

Jeep looks good. Get'm them dirty is more fun then cleaning them tho.
            I don't really understand the whole harmonic balancer, but Tom Woods seems to leave that in place with the drive shafts I have done. I have to agree on being more fun getting it dirty.

As far as my mirrors, I don't know how I have not been hassled... Here is a better look, all roll bar mounted. Plan on making a set of door mirrors in the future, but who knows how long that will be.

Thanks guys.. Scott, you are right it will be dirty again in a couple of weeks...

Comment

As the inside literally looks like King Tut's tomb there's so much dust in there...
              Sarcasm is my body's natural response to stupid.

Comment

Nice clean looking build and the thread subject title is priceless!
                The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

Interesting wheels. I haven't seen any like those on a Jeep before.

Looks good!
                  -Justin

Comment

The King Tut's tomb resemblance is exactly why it was detailed...

Thanks again for the compliments, we spend so much money on them it is always nice to get the occasional Jeeper showing appreciation.

I was trying to do the most with the title to give every one a bit of a laugh.

The wheels are from Stockton Wheel, their 4x4 specials. A bit more stout then the standard black wheel most run. I had a bead lock version on my CJ first, I obviously liked them enough to run a standard wheel this time round. Would like to add a rock ring, with Staun's...

Well after getting the reworked rear shaft in, the vibes are almost gone. Need to do a little pinion adjustment & it should be smooth as....

Comment

What kind of transmission cross member are you running?
                      Those left standing
                      Will make millions
                      Writing books on ways
                      It should have been
                      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
                        What kind of transmission cross member are you running?
                        Nth degree tummy tucker skid, there is no cross member in there so when you pull the skid the tranny want to fall.

Comment

Jeep looks great Josh!
                          It's ready to get dirty on the Rubicon...
                          :thumbs_up

Scott

Comment

Thanks Scott, I know expectations are high with you guys so I try.. hahaha.. You arent kidding about being ready for the Rubicon, I am starting to lose sleep over it & having a hard time concentrating @ home/ school/ work....

Comment

Well, don't go breaking out the good Scotch to calm the nerves...! Save it for the trip. HA!
                              Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X