Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FWD light malfunction

I just finished installing my lift. Now that I'm done, the fwd dash light is out of sync. When I'm in 2hi the fwd light is on. When I'm in 4hi the light goes off. 4lo the light is on. The jeep is working fine, It's little things like this that can bug me. So. I'd like to fix it. :confused:

Any ideas?
    It was like that when I got here.

Front wheel drive??? Did you drop the transfer case or lift the body? It may have misaligned the activation switch for the light.
    God forgives, rocks don't
    -sons of thunder

Comment

Very well possible you need to adjust the transfercase linkage. In that case do it asap as you do not want to drive it on the street in 4wheel drive. If the light stays on all the time a wire got pinched, but from your description check the linkage adjustment.

Comment

If anything the t-case was pushed up a little. The only thing that is not right is the light. When the lever is in 2hi the t-case is not in 4wd like the light indicates. I'll check the linkage tho. Where is the activation switch?

Comment

The 4x4 light on-off switch is inside the transfer case, its electrical connector is on the very top of the transfer case, on the passenger side.

I noticed this thread yesterday but because the 4x4 light switch is inside the transfer case, I don't see how what you did could have affected it. :confused:
          The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

In order to get a longer rear drive shaft, I removed the balancer/flange mount, and installed a yoke to attach a cv joint

Comment

Working...
            X