Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YJ in need of a trail cage

Hello.

I decided that I would like a trail cage (mostly concerned about the front, not the rear) and prefer something that's welded in place. Does anyone know of any fabricators in the South Bay Area? I'd also consider driving a ways but it would have be something someone could do in day while I wait. I can't really drop it off and wait weeks or anything...

not to bust your bubble but a a decent cage can have about 16 - 24 hours of solid fab time in it. thats assuming u take it someone who knows what they are doing. if u do find someone to do it that fast than youre probably not getting the best cage. especially if youre paying decent money. you want clean notches and welds. but then again there are some guys who are just plain good at what they do.

Comment

Luckily us YJ guys have half of our sport cage installed for us. It is not nearly as involved as installing a cage on and XJ like bails85 has. Also not having to build the cage in several pieces so we can fit it in the back door helps. I am itching to do a sport cage in my YJ and I am really liking the AtoZ Fab sport cage. It is the only sport cage that I have found that has some triangulation overhead. If you do some of the work yourself before you take it to your welder you can get this done in 3-5 hours. You can take your top off, remove your roll bar padding, remove your carpet up front. And you will need to paint it yourself. This should save you some coin. Why pay a welder to remover your carpet and paint your cage anyway? BTW if you think you
      Last edited by OU812; 06-13-10, 01:24 PM.
      Those left standing
      Will make millions
      Writing books on ways
      It should have been
      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

If it takes a welder more than 16 hours to install a couple hoops, I don't plan to use him. It's simply not logistically possible to make it happen unless he/she is local.

Back to the original question... does anyone know of a fabvricator in the Southbay area that's familiar with Jeeps?

Comment

Do you have 220 at your place?
          An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

There a 220 looking outlet in the garage of the house I rent. I haven't checked to see if its hooked up but I expect it is.

Comment

Your best option is to look into a prefab weld in kit like ou812 was talking about. A good safe sport cage is alot more involved then just bending a couple of hoops and tacking them in. Remember, you get what you pay for, and you don't want to skimp on your own safety.

Try Link Motorsports. They're in El Segundo. I've never used them, but they have a great reputation. linkmotorsports.com
              It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Here is one kit you can purchase and have someone weld together.

http://www.orfab.com/

I have the bolt in Rockhard cage.
                06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
                07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

Working...
                X