Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern California Jeep insurance

I have a 2005 Jeep Rubicon TJ and I have added 19,803 dollars in upgrades. So far I can't find a company that will insure it. They said no because all of my parts are more than what the actual Jeep is worth.

So far 21st said 6000 max
    AAA said no
    California Casualty said yes but won't give it to me in writing.

So how have you insured your modified Jeeps and got it in writing that they will cover it.

Thanks

RallyeX

I have USAA, and have a "stated value" policy for theft only, run standard liability insurances.

I don't have collision or comprehensive. I drive my jeep on the highway like a grandpa, and if I am at fault for an accident then oh well, jeep is gone.
    "It's Not Rocket Surgery"

Comment

USAA is for military or family correct.

RallyeX

Comment

I did mine with farmers. Just had to have all the paper work to prove it. you insure it like a hot rod or collector car. ( stated value)
        IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
          I did mine with farmers. Just had to have all the paper work to prove it. you insure it like a hot rod or collector car. ( stated value)
          I have mine insured with USAA... "declared value" as a collector car. Like Curtis said, I just have to keep the documentation/invoices for the accessories and upgrades that I do... Granted I haven't spent the kind of money on my CJ that many of you spend on your Rubi's...
          Regards,
          Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

Comment

Originally posted by RallyeX View Post

RallyeX
            yes it is and I think civilian contractors can use it to, not sure.
            "It's Not Rocket Surgery"

Comment

Originally posted by RallyeX View Post

RallyeX
              True statement... but you do not have to be first generation family... The military person could a grandparent...

Copied this from the USAA website...

The following information generally outlines which products and services are available to whom. However, we encourage you to join now to help us fully determine what products and services are available to you.

Active Military

Active military includes:

■Active-duty officers and enlisted personnel of the U.S. military. This also includes those serving in the Selected Reserve and federally recognized National Guard components of the U.S. Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard.
              ■Cadets/midshipmen at the U.S. service academies, in advanced ROTC or on ROTC scholarship, and officer candidates within 24 months of commissioning through other programs.
              The following products are available to active military:

Product Availability
              Insurance All products
              Banking All products
              Investments All products
              Shopping and Discounts All products
              Military Veterans

Military veterans includes:

■Retired officers and enlisted personnel.
              ■Former officers and enlisted personnel who separated and were honorably discharged.
              The following products are available to military veterans:

Product Availability
              Insurance All products
              Banking All products
              Investments All products
              Spouses of USAA Members

Spouses are insured as family members on their eligible spouses' auto or property policies.1

The following products are available to spouses of USAA Members:

Product Availability
              Insurance ■Life insurance
              ■Auto and property insurance available through eligible spouse1

Banking All products
              Investments All products

1 Eligible spouses are active military; former military; widows, widowers of former USAA members; and former spouses of USAA members, and individuals whose parents are/were USAA members.
              Widows, Widowers and Former Spouses of USAA Members

Widows, widowers and former spouses of USAA members includes:

■Widows or widowers of USAA members who have or had a USAA auto or property insurance product while married.
              ■Un-remarried former spouses of USAA members who have or had a USAA auto or property insurance product while married.
              The following products are available to widows, widowers and former spouses:

Product Availability
              Insurance All products
              Banking All products
              Investments All products
              Individuals Whose Parents Are/Were USAA Members

Individuals whose parents are or were USAA members may also be eligible for USAA membership.

Individuals must be 18 years or older to purchase products in their own name. Individuals under the age of 18 are insured as family members on their eligible parents2 auto or property insurance policies.

The following products are available to individuals whose parents have or had a USAA auto or property insurance policy:

Product Availability
              Insurance All products
              Banking All products
              Investments All products

If your parents did not own a USAA auto or property insurance policy, certain USAA products are still available to you. See the Other Individuals section for more details.

2 Eligible parents are active military, former military, widows, widowers, former spouses, former USAA members, and individuals whose parents are or were USAA members.
              Former USAA Members

Former members who established group membership with USAA by purchasing an auto or property insurance policy while in an eligible category may reactivate membership at any time despite current military status. Previous members must be in good standing and meet underwriting guidelines in order to re-establish membership.

The following products are available to former USAA members who previously purchased an auto or property insurance policy:

Product Availability
              Insurance All products
              Banking All products
              Investments All products
              Last edited by MyBrokenJeep; 05-17-10, 08:08 PM.
              Regards,
              Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

Comment

I have USAA also and I have the "agreed value" coverage on both my 53 chevy pickup and my Jeep. I think most insurance companies have something like this.
                Those left standing
                Will make millions
                Writing books on ways
                It should have been
                -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

I have State Farm and they'll cover anything I have receipts for.
                  "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

ok

St Clair wanted 395 a month to insure the jeep for a value of 40,0000

Gieco said no on the parts

AAA said no to all the parts

State farm said they would in sure the Jeep with parts for far value. (a used jeep with similar parts)

21st 6000 max on parts

So when we called California Casualty - They will insure the jeep with all the aftermarket parts, our Corvette with all the after market parts, my step daughters Tacoma truck with tires and rims and our house insurnace , earthquake, fire and unlimited towing , rental car. $100 deductible. FOR THE YEAR WE ARE SAVING $2,860 compared to all the insurance that we had.
                    Last edited by RallyeX; 05-20-10, 03:55 PM.

Comment

That doesn't seem like much of a savings. two dollars and eithty-six cents?
                      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                      MJR moderator
                      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                      Jeep Patrol Leader
                      Reforestation Supervisor
                      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                      Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                        That doesn't seem like much of a savings. two dollars and eithty-six cents?
                        that was a typo

Comment

And you can rest assured that when an uninsured motorist makes you scratch your roof on the freeway you will be fully covered. Awesome.
                          Those left standing
                          Will make millions
                          Writing books on ways
                          It should have been
                          -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

I have Progressive and they added a clause to cover all my after market upgrades. I also had to provide them with pictures of all the stuff.
                            [COLOR="Teal"]2006 TJ, 4"Full Traction Ultimate, SYE, CV, 35" MTR's on Champion Beadlocks, WARN 9.5Ti [/COLOR]

Comment

How would this affect those of us that do our own fab work and don't have $1,000,000 of receipts?
                              God forgives, rocks don't
                              -sons of thunder

Comment

Working...
                              X