Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ: HELP! Rock Hard cage and dash screws?

I have an 06 TJ with a Rock Hard cage and a CB in a tuffy box mounted to the cage. I want to install my new radio and light switch but to remove all the cabling and take the windshield down would be a MAJOR PAIN.

I am wondering if anyone has an idea or tool that they can share to get to the two screws for the dash so I can install my radio and light switch. Anyone?

I just went out and looked at mine. If the clamp was just a little smaller it would be easy. The bolt head looks like a 40 torx. I've seen torx bits on shafts like a screw driver. If the bolts not too tight it looks like it can be done. If not the cage comes out and that bolt doesn't go back in.

Scott
    Come to the dark side.....
    We have Cookies!

Comment

Originally posted by Zoobi View Post
      I just went out and looked at mine. If the clamp was just a little smaller it would be easy. The bolt head looks like a 40 torx. I've seen torx bits on shafts like a screw driver. If the bolts not too tight it looks like it can be done. If not the cage comes out and that bolt doesn't go back in.

Scott
      See what I mean about a lot of work? YIKES!

I know I will not have to remove the cage but I would have to remove all the CB cabling from the tuffy box which means removing the CB from the tuffy box to get to it and then I would have to lower the windshield and keep from messing up the KC lights or I may have to remove those too.

Maybe I do not need AM (antenna not working right) or an IPOD connection, or XM radio after all?

YES I DO! :>)

Regular FM radio SUCKS and I leave for CO and UT next week.

Comment

I just looked at some pictures you posted on your vehicle. Do you have a weld in cage? Mine is a bolt together. Did you take that out and put in the rock hard cage or do they make a weld one I didn't see?

Scott
        Come to the dark side.....
        We have Cookies!

Comment

I have the bolt in...

I was able to pry the header panel on the top of the dash enough to get the screws out and got the dash apart, the radio out etc...

Now I think I am in over my head. I can not figure out where to install the sat radio box or how to wire the factory AMP to the new radio. Still working on it...

Wish me luck!

Comment

Working...
          X