Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just moved out west looking for jeep work/trades

I have transplanted my 98 jeep wrangler from Chicago to California! I just moved to venice beach and I'm looking for some trails/offroad parks near by anyone can recommend? I'm also looking for local jeeper to do some possible work on my jeep. I just landed out west, without any tools, garage ect, crashing on the friends couch working crazy hours. I need my Cigerette lighter replaced or power inverter installed running off the battery.This might be a fuse problem I'm going to look into tonight. Oil change,tune up, front brakes, somewhere down the line a clutch also and gear swap/body lift. I would rather put money in local jeepers pockets than overpay at pep boys and such. Also looking to trade some Full Steel black doors for half doors + cash or work on my jeep . Also trying to hunt down a 33 inch mud terrain on a 15x8 steelie for a spare tire. My jeep is lifted with a few mods.
    thanks in advance for the help.

Welcome to MJR. We do a fair bit of Jeep work down here. It may be a little far to drive, but the work is always done right the first time. Feel free to PM or call me and we can discuss stuff.

Thanks
    -Chris
    951-551-6181
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Neuby View Post
      I have transplanted my 98 jeep wrangler from Chicago to California! I just moved to venice beach and I'm looking for some trails/offroad parks near by anyone can recommend? I'm also looking for local jeeper to do some possible work on my jeep. I just landed out west, without any tools, garage ect, crashing on the friends couch working crazy hours. I need my Cigerette lighter replaced or power inverter installed running off the battery.This might be a fuse problem I'm going to look into tonight. Oil change,tune up, front brakes, somewhere down the line a clutch also and gear swap/body lift. I would rather put money in local jeepers pockets than overpay at pep boys and such. Also looking to trade some Full Steel black doors for half doors + cash or work on my jeep . Also trying to hunt down a 33 inch mud terrain on a 15x8 steelie for a spare tire. My jeep is lifted with a few mods.
      thanks in advance for the help.
      Boy, you can tell you come from the Midwest my friend. We don't do "off road parks" out West, we have the WIDE OPEN SPACES, soon to be replaced by inaccessible wilderness, but damn it, we have WIDE OPEN SPACES! Welcome to SoCal and MJR. You landed in a bunch of the right places here.
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I am free for mobile work these days. Pm sent
        An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Welcome to SoCal! I'm from Michigan, so I speak your language. You're going to love being here, mostly :-)

Get yourself some good ice coolers and water jugs, because it's a bit drier here than you are used to. That white stuff you'll see people rubbing on their skin is called "Sun Screen" and helps keep you from looking from a charbroiler hamburger patty.

I highly recommend getting this book:
          http://www.funtreks.com/index.php?ma...&products_id=8

Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
          Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
          HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Welcome to MJR and the land of sand and rocks.

Originally posted by nwoods View Post
            Welcome to SoCal! I'm from Michigan, so I speak your language. You're going to love being here, mostly :-)

Get yourself some good ice coolers and water jugs, because it's a bit drier here than you are used to. That white stuff you'll see people rubbing on their skin is called "Sun Screen" and helps keep you from looking from a charbroiler hamburger patty.

I highly recommend getting this book:
            http://www.funtreks.com/index.php?ma...&products_id=8

X2 This is a great little book on all the local trails
            Dennis and Tammy
            Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Welcome to the west. That is a good book, that is recommended above. The beauty of being in the SoCal area is, you can go wheel'n all day and be home that night. There's a few good spots within a couple hours drive. If your a social person. Look into a local club. It's a great way to find places to go. You wont get lost (hopefully), and there's always someone to go wheel'n with. Venice, you sure picked a nice spot to land.
              It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Or...

You can rest all day, then do a night run and watch the sun rise in the morning.
                All slow and no show

Comment

Working...
                X