Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donaldson Pre Cleaner

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone is running one of the 10 inch Donaldson pre cleaners on thier snorkel? I was looking at the 7 inch but the max airflow seems too low. The 10 inch is a massive unit though. AEV seem to offer the 7 inch but ARB promote the 10.

Any input appreciated.

Shop around for one of a farm tractor anything that works for a diesel engine is more than adequate for your gasoline engine

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
      Shop around for one of a farm tractor anything that works for a diesel engine is more than adequate for your gasoline engine
      Even if its a 3cyl Yanmar? What is the relationship between a smaller turbocharged engine and our larger displacement, but N/A rigs?

Would a 2.0 with 14lbs of boost use the same CFM as a 4.0 running at atmospheric pressure? Am I way off here Art?
      An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Diesels draw a heck of a lot more air, if you are afraid of inlet restriction, stick a filter minder in the snorkel tube. If the thing doesn't move anywhere near the red or doesn't move at all you are good.

Comment

Finally installed

Well after a bit of a wait my Safari snorkel was fitted yesterday. Had to rotate the compressor 90 degress and make a new bracket for it but it actually looks a lot better now.

I put the Donaldson 10 inch precleaner on last night and it clears the front pillar (just). It looks big but is not too bad when seen from a distance

Here is a crappy cellphone pic of the precleaner inplace.

I'm off to the coast this weekend to hit a couple of tracks so will have some decent pics next week in my trail report.

Comment

Working...
          X