Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on these tires?

Wally Mart has these. Goodyear Authority. They have them in a 31x10.5x15 which is what I'm running.

$135 ea.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Wrangler-Authority/11983156

linky no worky, hopefully this one does: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/detai...72036854775808
    An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]I've seen these at WM. My only concerne is how well the sidewall will hold up in the sharp rocks. The prices are pretty good though.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by chris142 View Post
        Wally Mart has these. Goodyear Authority. They have them in a 31x10.5x15 which is what I'm running.

$135 ea.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Wrangler-Authority/11983156
        That depends on how you intend to use them. They look like a good street/all-terrain tire but if you wheel much on the local rocks, they probably wouldn't hold up long... the sidewall in particular.
        The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

This MAY be a W/M only tire and where was it made?
          Respectfully,
          LG
          Hav'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men....

Comment

onlinetires.com has bfg km2's that size for $130+tax a peice and you can pick them up in cerritos (no shipping).Or just have americastire price match. Good all around tire with 3 ply sidewall. Lots of other brands also.

Comment

Well my Little Generic Jeep is not a rock crawler. Although there are rocks on the trails I drive on. I've been ok so far with my currant set of wigglewall tires.

Comment

I suggest running bfg all terrains if your not on the rocks. Excellent tire with an excellent track record. I got over 50,000 miles on my last set on my fullsize 2500 deisel chevy and they were still usable. I towed my fifth wheel and boat with no issues and went off road with them multiple times. They are usually more inexpensive then other brands also. Good all around tire IMHO.

Comment

Those WalMart ones look pretty cool,not sure how'd they would last though.
                  Tony
                  1A Auto
                  CALL ME DIRECT 866-403-3393
                  1A Auto Parts Install Videos|1A Aauto Blog

Comment

BFG A/T from America's Tire and never look back.
                    Respectfully,
                    LG
                    Hav'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men....

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy Grits View Post
                      BFG A/T from America's Tire and never look back.
                      Respectfully,
                      LG
                      I just priced those at Americas tire They may be a great tire but I simply cant afford $800 for 4 tires(Or $400 for 2) at this time. Americas tire wont budge on the price.

Comment

They will price match though. Go online and find the cheapest set you can, then take that quote to them.
                        An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by 2blk2drs View Post
                          They will price match though. Go online and find the cheapest set you can, then take that quote to them.
                          So far I have found them for $140 ea.

Comment

I wonder if they will also price match the balancing?

America's tires prices per tire.

"Installation & Lifetime Spin Balancing $15.00"

Walmarts prices per tire.Includes free mounting.

"Lifetime Balance $7.50 per tire"

WM gets $7.50 to balance vs Americas tires $15.

Comment

I went and looked at them again. Made in USA! I'm really diggin on the tread pattern. Looks like they would be pretty good off road. But........The sidewalls are super flimbsy and that concerns me.

Even if I buy the road hazard I don't want to be @ WM every week getting a tire replaced. Plus they wont mount them on the Jeep. I have to bring the wheels in and they will mount them.

Comment

Working...
                              X