Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire size chart?

I remember running across a tire size chart that showed actual tire dimensions by brand and I can't find it.

It showed that a particular model tire from certain brand's labeled size might have a different actual size.

For example, Brand X's Super Mud tire, which is sold as a 35" tire would be shown to have an actual size of 34.5" instead.

It was a great chart for comparison, but I can't find it no matter how hard I search for it.

I'm usually pretty good at bookmarking this stuff, but missed this one.

Does anyone have the URL for this chart I'm referring to?

Thanks.

Christian
    "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

[COLOR="Blue"]Christian, just go onto the tire website and they usually have the chart there. Goodyear and BF Goodrich both have one.

I just went onto Goodyears site. The size chart is at the bottom of the page for the specific tire you select. Click on the listing and you get all the detals.
    mk[/COLOR]
    Last edited by mkjeepers; 04-23-10, 04:38 PM.

Comment

i think hes talking about where the inaccuracys are listed like how interco tires have a 75% chance of not being what they are labeled.

ive heard recent talk on ttora that GY kevlars are larger then advertised but its not from any reliable sources yet

dont forget the rim width too. not too much difference except at the extremes but something to think about. im sure my 34.8" tires are 35 on my 7" wide rim
      KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

Hey Mike,

Troy is right. I'm looking for a page that lists all of the brands and both the "advertised" size and the "actual" size.

I remember seeing it once and it was a great resource for comparing apples to apples.

I remember that the numbers for "Actual Size" were official, because they were obtained from the various manufacturers themselves and simply listed in one place.

Troy, I didn't think about the effect that putting the same tire on a narrower (or wider) rim would have on the height. That makes sense though.

Thanks to both of you.

Maybe someone has that URL saved somewhere.

Christian
        "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

Originally posted by headhunter View Post
          I remember running across a tire size chart that showed actual tire dimensions by brand and I can't find it.

It showed that a particular model tire from certain brand's labeled size might have a different actual size.

For example, Brand X's Super Mud tire, which is sold as a 35" tire would be shown to have an actual size of 34.5" instead.

It was a great chart for comparison, but I can't find it no matter how hard I search for it.

I'm usually pretty good at bookmarking this stuff, but missed this one.

Does anyone have the URL for this chart I'm referring to?

Thanks.

Christian
          I have seen it also but can not remember where either....wait,... I have a couple ideas....M
          "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Working...
          X