Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tires

Has anybody had any dealings with OnlineTires?
    35/12.50-15 mt/r for $184.67
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

This guy has two
    http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/pts/1673422967.html

Comment

Curtis go to Americas tire co and have them price match onlinetires.com . Dont let them charge you the shipping cost because the wherehouse is in cerritos ca. All though onlinetires.com has really good prices. New mtr 35x12.50x15 kevlars for cheap and new bfg km2's even cheaper http://www.onlinetires.com/products/...+113q+bsl.html
      http://www.onlinetires.com/products/...++n%252Fa.html
      I personally couldn't be happier with my bfg km2's They have excellent traction and tough 3ply sidewalls. I dont see how 4wheel part can get that kind of money for a tire made for them by cooper. For those prices why not buy a better quality name brand like bfg or a goodyear.

Comment

Beau Does Americas tires give you the free balance with the price match deal? I get my tires balanced alot. I like mt/r's the best for me.
        IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

No that price is for the tire only.I think its $15 more for mounting and lifetime balancing.Dont forget tax either. Thats about what you pay when you go anywhere. Amricastire.com say they will not be undersold. Onlinetires.com is definatly cheaper by ~$40 per on those goodyear kevlar mtr's. Thats a $200 dollar savings on a set of 5. I must admit I am brand loyal, I like bfg best just because I had/have all terrains on my fullsize duramax truck and got over 50,000 out of them with no issues at all even towing a 10,000+ fifth wheel toyhauler . I also like the fact some of the top spots in the koh race had bfg on their rigs some of them wern't rock tires either lol. Fred and Steve love their crawlers I think next time I might spend the extra coin for those.

Comment

American Tires is the way to go. There customer service and replacement plan is second to none. They just replace my 35 bfg km2 that had 2 nails in the side wall with no questions ask. Just my opinion!

Comment

I only get about 5000 miles out of a set of tires, so mileage is not a big concern.

Comment

just got my tires from American tire over by the home depot. i told them i found the tires online for $236 and they came back with $233 marked down from there own $285 price... cant complain there. $15 per tire for mounting and lifetime balance. i also bought there $40 per tire replacement guarantee thingy. off road seems to be a grey area for coverage. the paperwork says offroad and tire abuse not covered, but the guy behind the counter says just don't run over razor blades for fun and it will be covered.

i went with the km2 mainly since its cheaper in my tire size, but also since its rock oriented and non directional.
                KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
                  I only get about 5000 miles out of a set of tires, so mileage is not a big concern.
                  You've got too be kidding maybe its time to change brands.I guess the goodyears dont last very long other than that its a good tire from what Ive heard. BTW americas tire has an additional $60 rebate if you buy 4 bfg tires.
                  Last edited by Jeeperator; 04-12-10, 06:42 PM.

Comment

mt/r's are non directional and rock oriented. I will check with them this week.

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
                      mt/r's are non directional and rock oriented. I will check with them this week.
                      crap i didnt know that! i might have worked em over for a price if id know. i hope i dont end up missing the bulletproof MTR sidewalls im used to
                      KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

Did some research the mtr's are asymetrical which means the tires have to be mounted a certian side out. Goodyear only made left tires so the tread pattern will be reversed from left to right. I have also read some threads pertaining issues with them pulling going down the highway do to the tread design. Even with the kevlar they seem to still be heavier tire then bfg km2.
                        Found this on pirate:
                        FYI - All these #'s are from the manufacturers
                        37x12.50x17 tire weights (a few of these are 13.50)

BFG KM2 - 71.6#
                        Yokohama Geolander M/T -71.6#
                        Goodyear MT/R w/ Kevlar - 76#
                        Interco TrXus M/T - 78#
                        Interco Irok Radial - 81#
                        Mickey Thompson MTZ - 83#
                        Pro Comp M/T - 84.4#
                        Toyo Open Country M/T - 92.6#
                        Cooper Discoverer STT - 83#
                        Nitto Mud Grappler - 92.8#

Comment

Working...