Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locking hood pins

I know these locks are not the most secure, but they are an alternative to the style that mount in the grill slats. I plan on installing a grill insert at some point so one of those will not work. I feel it is some what of another line in the Jeeps defense.

So for any one interested, these are Aerocatch flush plus locking hood pins. They are made of a some sort of poly material with stainless mechanical parts & stationary aluminum pins. Here is the finished product after measuring, remeasuring, then measuring again, for one last measurement before cutting into the hood. Even with the Jeep being 6 years old I never get use to cutting holes into it.

These are all the pics you guys get, the battery in the digital camera lasted for a whole 3 pics right out of the charger.

Build it right the first time.

Those look really clean--what did they set you back? I had in mind something home-fab and stouter, but those are much better than what I have now (nothing). They match the louver thing nicely too.
    holes = cowbell

Comment

They go for around $95, as anything it depends where you get them. The tuner guys really seem to like them, I picked them up from one of those shops online out of Huntington Beach. I guess there are some knock offs of the Aerocatch & are suppose to be of lesser quality but they also dont cost as much.
      Last edited by snydercj7; 03-14-10, 12:29 PM.

Comment

I like those too! Clean looking.

Comment

where did you get the vented hood plate? I put some dents in my hood just where that bad boy would cover it up...
          1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Here is where I purchased the hood louver.

http://www.4x4rockshop.com/Scripts/p...dproduct=13684

Comment

Working...
            X