Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire wear?

Just bought in Nov. 2009 new 35x12.50 BFG KM2,s for my jeep they are wearing perfectly even , but the front are wearing alot faster,don,t even need to meassure tire depth you can see the difference by looking .I took my jeep to the place I bought the tires ..no one spoke english but they are tryin to tell me it,s my shocks? This is my third set of tires and I,ve NEVER seen them wear like that before..Anyone have clues/suggestions? Thanks guys..Geeb
    "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Shocks will cause tries to wear uneven. Have you checked your toe-in setting?
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

X2 on having the toe-in checked & adjusted. 99 times out of 100, rapid front tire wear is due to nothing more than the toe-in setting being off. Installing a suspension lift or spacers will cause the toe-in to be off enough to cause accelerated front tire wear.
      The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

Taje a few pics of the tire wear Geeb, does it flat spot, feather or cup or just wear on one side?

Comment

Thanks guys,Art here,s some pic,s I just took I hope they are from the correct angle..

Frt. left

rear left

right frt.

Comment

From looking at it the front tires wear on the outside quite a bit no cupping or anything like that.
            So my money is on to much toe in
            In other worths the front tires are pointing in to much

Comment

Right on the money Art. Tire shops love to blame the shocks. Could it be that they like to sell them?
              God forgives, rocks don't
              -sons of thunder

Comment

Shocks are a easy money naker, they hardly break so no come backs, easy to install so for a shop its very easy profit

Comment

Geebo,
                  Put a screw (only in about a 1/4 of in inch) or the like in both tires while they are pointing forward, use a measuring tape to measure distance from screw to screw, then roll the jeep back so the screw now is on the back side of the tires and measure again. This is a quick toe in check.
                  I also run the KM2 and find that the sidewalls are to soft to run low pressure, hence I do not like them. After 2 sidewall repairs I do not run less than 17 lbs of air off road.

Good luck,
                  BobO
                  "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                  (Charles Wells)

Comment

Thanks guy these suggestions make sense,now just have to rotate them and fix the toe..

Comment

Working...
                    X