Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a 231 tailshaft housing near Riverside

Had to limp to work the other day. The rear u-joint exploded and wiped out the pinion yoke and tailshaft housing. Please PM. Thanks.
    God forgives, rocks don't
    -sons of thunder

I can hook you up with a yoke.

Comment

The yoke's not the big problem. I already had one on the 44. But when my driveshaft turned into a 6lb hammer at 1200 RPM, it destroyed my tailshaft housing. It fell off and has probably been recycled for beer money by now.
      Last edited by 6spdYJ; 02-14-10, 09:46 PM.
      -sons of thunder

Comment

Do you still have the TJ tailshaft housing and front/rear shafts? I need to get it back on (off) the road. I'm looking at options right now. I owe you guys a write-up on my 44 swap. I just had to get it done fast, so there won't be pictures.
        -sons of thunder

Comment

Sorry the other guy picked it up yesterday, if you find one, I have 2 tj rear drive shafts that might work with it

Comment

Originally posted by 6spdYJ View Post
            Had to limp to work the other day. The rear u-joint exploded and wiped out the pinion yoke and tailshaft housing. Please PM. Thanks.
            Which one do you need, the 231 J in a TJ or the two piece version that's stock in a YJ?

Also, if you lost the housing off the back of the T-case, you have in all likelihood bent the tailshaft itself or if you haven't, you'd be one of the very rare few who hasn't when the driveshaft flopped around.

Anyway, I'm reasonable close to Riverside just south of March Air Base between the 15 and 215. I'm pretty sure I have enough parts to get you going again.
            I am Savvy.

Comment

Hey Im in Riverside and I have a tail housing.

Comment

You kind of have to figure out what you are going to do, hack and tap or re engineer something to use a rear yoke of your dana35 for the latter it needs to butt up against the bearing inside the tail housing so will have some fun to find a seal that will work

Comment

Originally posted by mrblaine View Post
                  Which one do you need, the 231 J in a TJ or the two piece version that's stock in a YJ?

Also, if you lost the housing off the back of the T-case, you have in all likelihood bent the tailshaft itself or if you haven't, you'd be one of the very rare few who hasn't when the driveshaft flopped around.

Anyway, I'm reasonable close to Riverside just south of March Air Base between the 15 and 215. I'm pretty sure I have enough parts to get you going again.
                  6spdYJ, that's an offer I wouldn't pass up. Blaine will take excellent care of you.
                  The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

Talked with him today. I got the housing before he called me. He made sure to let me know he'll help. You guys are all high caliber. Thanks again to all.
                    -sons of thunder

Comment

Thanks to all

You guys ROCK! Back on the road today.
                      -sons of thunder

Comment

Working...
                      X