Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JK fan just quit

This morning on our way to church, I had to turn off the fan in my wife's JK to keep from freezing to death before the heater warmed up. A few minutes later, I turned the switch back on. No fan at any speed. There was no grinding, thumping, scraping or bad smell to indicate an overload causing a burned fuse or fried motor. Does anybody know if the 2007
    4door JK's have a reputation for this? I hope it's just a harness connector that fell off. Maybe a failed switch or bad relay?
    God forgives, rocks don't
    -sons of thunder

Originally posted by 6spdYJ View Post
    This morning on our way to church, I had to turn off the fan in my wife's JK to keep from freezing to death before the heater warmed up. A few minutes later, I turned the switch back on. No fan at any speed. There was no grinding, thumping, scraping or bad smell to indicate an overload causing a burned fuse or fried motor. Does anybody know if the 2007
    4door JK's have a reputation for this? I hope it's just a harness connector that fell off. Maybe a failed switch or bad relay?

No reputation for it that I know of-- but always ck the fuses first-- even if you didnt hear or smell something-

Also- try JKOwners.com for more info-

Comment

Does anybody know if there is a service manual CD or the JK?
      -sons of thunder

Comment

JK Fan

Check the little white connector that goes into the fan housing under the glove box in the passenger footwell as I can see how this could get caught and damaged or pulled out. If you want to take the assembly out there are only three screws holding the fan assembly in (large round looking thing), be careful as it is surprisingly heavy.

I was on the hunt for the non existant cabin filter, ended up just brushing a lot of dust off the squirel cage fan blades. Must remember to keep the air on ercirculate next time I drive through dust.

Good luck

Comment

I've seen on www.jkowners.com that the cabin filter DOES exist. Supposedly if you take out the glove box and turn off the recirculating switch the recirculating panel drops down and the filter sits behind it.
          As for ours, the dumb thing started working fine two days later.
          -sons of thunder

Comment

I gotta say I'm not crazy about the JK's fandangled hf electrical system. I went through changes on my brother's JK Rubi just trying to find a wire to tap into for an auxiliary light switch/ relay. I tore half his dash apart and ended up tapping into the lavender(?) accessory power wire. It's like they went out of their way to make it complicated and confusing.
            holes = cowbell

Comment

Originally posted by 6spdYJ View Post
              You mention that it was cold and started working a day or two later so I wonder if this is the same thing I encountered up in the snow in BB. It seems like if it's really cold out and I turn on the defroster, the thing in the passenger foot area freezes up and I don't get any air to blow, but once it thawed a bit, everything worked fine.
              That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Working...
              X