Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tube Fender Opinions???

My awsome wife bought me, smittybilt tube fenders with 3" flare, for Christmas. I run 33" 12.50 15 BFG mud terrains and am curious if it will look odd running such a small tire with tube fenders. Im sure there is some opinions out there some where.

Guess it would help to add, this is on a 94 yj with 4.5 inch currie lift.
    Last edited by Rocked-N-Locked; 01-31-10, 04:01 PM. Reason: more info

Not as funny as my 33s look trying to hump my stock fenders.
    holes = cowbell

Comment

I think it will look fine. If it doesn't you have justification to upsize to 35"'s. Install the fenders and then convince the wife she forgot the second half of the gift.
      "It's Not Rocket Surgery"

Comment

They will look fine I was running 32.5 with my tube fender for a while and they didnt look bad at all. But then I upgraded to 35's

Comment

See I knew you guys would put things into perspective....Here goes the cut wheel into some fresh painted, cherry fenders. If I get real inspired I will post some before and afters.

Comment

First cut into sheetmetal is always the hardest lol.
            "It's Not Rocket Surgery"

Comment

Anxious to see how it turns out. I am getting ready to do the same
              Living the Dream"!
              , Joe

Comment

Here's my 93 YJ with about 7"s lift and a set of C&C Jeep Fab Tube Fenders with a 3" flair over 33x12.5 15's. I think it looks great!!! and I'm sure yours will too!

Last edited by avjeepfreek; 01-31-10, 11:32 PM.
                "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Originally posted by avjeepfreek View Post
                  Here's my 93 YJ with about 7"s lift and a set of C&C Jeep Fab Tube Fenders with a 3" flair over 33x12.5 15's. I think it looks great!!! and I'm sure yours will too!

Need bigger tires.

Comment

Ok through much frustration, here is my before pic......Give me a few days and we will see. Thanks for the pics.

Comment

Well 8 hours later tube fenders done. Not that they are that complicated,I just like all the reveals and body lines to to fit perfect, so had a little trimming and modification on the currie rock sliders to get the fit I wanted. All in all it looks really good and smittybilt makes a nice tube fender......... Having a hard time posting my after pics.

Comment

No after pics? Mighty suspicious!
                        holes = cowbell

Comment

Ok, I figured out how to post a picture. Computers are not my strong point.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Rocked-N-Locked; 02-13-10, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X