Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the full shrouding helps, the car i pulled it from had the shroud covering the entire radiator.

If there is no shroud then the fans would not pull air from all portions of the core and would not cool as well when going low speeds.
    "It's Not Rocket Surgery"

Comment

Originally posted by lakev2 View Post

If there is no shroud then the fans would not pull air from all portions of the core and would not cool as well when going low speeds.
      True. But that section above the small fan and to the right of the larger fan will prevent or serously slow down the air from going through that part of the radiator at higher speeds.

The car you pulled the fans from had a cross flow radiator and the fans are situated so that they cool the water as it goes across the core. The core is very long so the water is in the tubes long enough to get cooled down well.

You have a downflow radiator and they are not as efficient as a cross flow. The tubes are very short so the water goes through them pretty fast. The longer the water stays in the tubes the cooler it will get and the more efficient the radiator is.

It may work fine and if it does then great! I have a fan assy I can recomend to my customers. The test will be when summer comes.

I'm not saying that it won't work. I'm just pointing out what I see from years working in the automotive cooling industry.

Comment

116* in the summer (August) up here will be the true test! Report back

Comment

Working...
        X