Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender flares?

87 yj stock flares, running procomp 33x12.50x15 what are my options to cover. i need at least 5 more inches. i know that's what she said.
    Rich.
    But can we SURVIVE 2 more years?

You really don't need to worry to much about completely covering the tires. I have 33x12.5's on my 93 and have never been bothered before. I recently added a set of tube fenders in the front with the 3" flare and no ones given it a second look.
    "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

yea, never been hassled yet, but the recent raines and snow have me rinsing down the yj every time the tires turn. i live 2 miles off pavement, what i mess. but i'd have it no other way. just want to keep the mud down.
      Thanks Rich.
      But can we SURVIVE 2 more years?

Comment

Find a set of TJ flares. I got mine for $50. If you need more coverage, get them from a Rubicon or Sahara. Those cover 3/4" or so more per side. There is a great write-up on this on www.bc4x4.com . This also gives an extra inch of clearance, without lift. I run a set of hammered 2 1/2" Rancho's with 3/4" lift from shackles. I figure it to be about 3" total. With the TJ flares I run 33-12.50's and barely touch when completely flexed out. Check my avitar to see what to expect.
        God forgives, rocks don't
        -sons of thunder

Comment

Working...
        X