Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your favorite jeep

i have been thinking lately that what would the demand be for a special edition jeep. just one or two years when jeep put out a one of a kind machine with the best features from every era. really just a fantasy but i would deffinatly want to buy one. for instance i love the dash set up in my 83 cj7, but i would like the suspension out of a newer jeep and i think it would be just the greatest thing if jeep made a new wrangler with a light v8 and dana 44s in the front and back. just some thoughts i think. what would other people like to see or maybe just what is your favorite jeep?

They already make my favorite Jeep. It is w YJ except for the back half. The back is stretched to the length of a scrambler. It has Dana 60s front and rear. It has a steal hard top and a diesel inline 5 cylinder. It is called the AIL Storm. They are specially assembled for the Israeli army. It looks like this:

Those left standing
    Will make millions
    Writing books on ways
    It should have been
    -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Years & years ago, I wished General Motors took over the Jeep line instead of AMC then Chrysler. Options would have been.... a 225, 350 or a big block. Turbohydro, SM420 or 465 and a D300. D44/60 or 60/60. I wish it was easier to put a Vortec in a Ca. TJ instead of the faux Hemi $$$.
      All slow and no show

Comment

Originally posted by alittleoff View Post
        I wish it was easier to put a Vortec in a Ca. TJ instead of the faux Hemi $$$.
        Find a different referee to talk to. It's no harder to swap in a same or newer year Vortec than any other motor.

Different as in meeting the rules, installation differences may be another thing altogether.
        I am Savvy.

Comment

It's not worth the trouble for me as far as the TJ goes, but given the coin I'd put a big block into my old FJ-40 or FJ-45 in a heartbeat.
          All slow and no show

Comment

Working...
          X