Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the hell????

So finaly got the Jeep back on the road after a delayed rear main seal replacement to have the heater core start leaking. I just finished doing one on the Civic & hated every minute of it. I seem to really be kicking the year off right.

Now that I am done bitching, any words of wisdom on replacing the core? I noticed one post some one mentioned buy a stealership oem core because he has re-repleced 3 aftermarket ones he has installed.
    Build it right the first time.

yeah dont buy any after market ones they are made shitty unless u can find one that is made right from a reputable manufacturer. but the dealer is probvably the best bet. and u only want to change it once. believe me it a mother f#$%%^&. be sure to change your rubber lines and couplings too. at least the stuff thats in the ass box. and check the condition of the blenddoor too. if your gonna do it better jump in with both feet. shouldnt be too bad price wise though.

Comment

You can get OEM parts and full instructions on how to pull the dash (look at the A/C install directions) at http://www.jeepair.com

I installed A/C in my '99 with their kit an it went great!
      -- Warren
      1999 SE

Comment

Don't know how different the heater is in the Tj. But I did mine in the YJ a few months ago. I didn't have to pull the dash at all. Mine has six 8mm nuts on the opposite side of the firewall. I removed these and the two coolant hoses to the heater core and the whole heater fell on the floor. The box was easy to open up nice to have a cordless drill here. I got my heater core from NAPA for $20 something dollars. It would have helped to have someone to hold the heater up to the firewall while I put the nuts back on in the engine bay. I don't know if this helps you with your TJ but I hope yours goes as easy as mine.
        Those left standing
        Will make millions
        Writing books on ways
        It should have been
        -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. Is the yj guy trying to rub my nose in it? lol... Must be nice it was that easy.
          Build it right the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by snydercj7 View Post
            I noticed one post some one mentioned buy a stealership oem core because he has re-repleced 3 aftermarket ones he has installed.
            3? After the first one needed to be replaced, there's no way I'm enough of a glutton for that kind of punishment to put the same brand back in again. Must be real broke or real dumb.
            I am Savvy.

Comment

Working...
            X