Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having been the guy to do things more than once, I like to save some folks the hassle of spending money hand over fist and wind up having to do it again.
    fix up the front end then get your tires
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341 View Post
      Having been the guy to do things more than once, I like to save some folks the hassle of spending money hand over fist and wind up having to do it again.
      fix up the front end then get your tires
      Believe me, point taken & I value the input here. That's why I proposed the question. I don't want to spend money twice. It's hard enough to spend it once! Now the hard part is explaining this to the wifey... :hide:
      My Jeep cost's me more than my wife...

Comment

Originally posted by Red Heep View Post
        You're a buzz kill! LOL! Change of plans, I'm going to downgrade to 31's now. Man this is getting expensive. I'm going with GY MT/R's. Maybe I should just stick with the 33's.
        Take all that nailer has stated in this post to heart. Bigger tires will create more stress on your vehicle & the snow ball will keep growing. Bigger tires/ beefier shafts/ deeper gears/ lockers/ possibly t-case upgrade/ suspension or maybe a high line kit/ steering/ & certainly most important brakes.
        Build it right the first time.

Comment

33's will get ya many places and will not strain the drive train anywhere near as much as 35" tires.
          Even though35's do not look all that much bigger they put a lot more strain on all components of the drivetrain and steering. Even with 31's you can tell the loss of braking/ stopping power

Comment

Believe me, point taken & I value the input here. That's why I proposed the question. I don't want to spend money twice. It's hard enough to spend it once! Now the hard part is explaining this to the wifey... :hide:
            Easy! Explain to her she gets her nails and hair done "x" amount of times per month at a rate of "$". You don't. I use it all the time. "Look at how long I have had the same pants and shoes saving up for this".

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep4cern View Post
              Easy! Explain to her she gets her nails and hair done "x" amount of times per month at a rate of "$". You don't. I use it all the time. "Look at how long I have had the same pants and shoes saving up for this".
              Actually, I feel guilty because she doesn't get her nails & hair done, she doesn't buy shoe's & clothes every week. She doesn't bat an eye when I buy parts for the race car, jeep, sand rail, etc... So I might just go buy her something first so I don't feel so bad buying me more "toys"
              My Jeep cost's me more than my wife...

Comment

This is only kind of off topic. But I set up my Jeep budget with the wife like this. I spend about $10 every time I buy lunch when I am at work. So in a week I was spending $50 for lunch. So I am packing a lunch mostly with leftovers and am spending $200 a month on the Jeep instead. And when I go over budget we talk about how much a car payment is and how cheep the Jeep actually is. I didn't realize how much I was spending on lunch before I converted it to Jeep parts.
                Those left standing
                Will make millions
                Writing books on ways
                It should have been
                -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
                  This is only kind of off topic. But I set up my Jeep budget with the wife like this. I spend about $10 every time I buy lunch when I am at work. So in a week I was spending $50 for lunch. So I am packing a lunch mostly with leftovers and am spending $200 a month on the Jeep instead. And when I go over budget we talk about how much a car payment is and how cheep the Jeep actually is. I didn't realize how much I was spending on lunch before I converted it to Jeep parts.
                  Unfortunately people like me have always been on the "pack a lunch" plan, so it's even harder for me to shave outta my budget for Jeep parts. Probably the reason I haven't spent any money on my Jeep since Summer time when I bought new seat covers... Now look, we're all off topic, nice work Scott.
                  If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Actually, I feel guilty because she doesn't get her nails & hair done, she doesn't buy shoe's & clothes every week. She doesn't bat an eye when I buy parts for the race car, jeep, sand rail, etc... So I might just go buy her something first so I don't feel so bad buying me more "toys"
                    Whoopsie....Yep! Good idea.

Comment

Working...
                    X