Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a way to mount a Hi Lift on an 06 LJ with stock bumper and tire carrier!

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a way to mount a Hi Lift on an 06 LJ with stock bumper and tire carrier!

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]I don't have an after market bumper(rear) yet. When I DO get one this spring it will NOT include an aftermarket tire carrier as I run 31x10.50 BFG AT's and just don't see the need. I will be getting a new bumper with a built in 2" hitch to tow a small boat though.
    Anybody using a hood-mount system?
    ODD[/COLOR]

Bill,

I've used the High Lift hood mount from "Tough Stuff Products" for a couple of years without any problems. There are a couple of others out here that have made there own to save a few bucks. I didn't see the posts when I looked this morning but there have been a few write up on this site. If you do a google search for "High Lift jack hood mount" it will give you more ideas than you can handle. Mine was like $80.00 from www.toughstuffproducts.com .

Good luck on your project

The only thing I noticed is that you can't lay the hood all the way back onto the roof (completely fully opened). Thats not a problem for me.

Mitch

Comment

Using two large u-bolts to secure it to the base of the rear rollbar is a common way to carry a Hi-Lift. The Hi-Lift sits on the shelf that the rollbar bases are bolted to.
      The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

Muffler clamps on the rear roll bar work well too.

Comment

I mounted mine on the hood. Here is a link. I got mine for $24.95 (I think). The bolts have holes, so you can lock it down.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HI-LI...motiveQ5fTools

Last edited by Jeep4cern; 12-26-09, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X