Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alignment

anybody know of a good alignment shop that knows jeeps in orange county area .just changed all my control arms to adjustable one,s and i want my alignment done right .thanks .

Easy to do alignment on a JEEP 1/8 inch toe in if you run a true track in the front then do 1/4 inch toe in. alignment shops will set it up with 0 toe in and your tires will be junk in no time. OK 1. jack up the front with both wheels off the ground. 2. take some masking tape one inch wide and put it around each tire centered ( does not need to be perfect ) 3. now with a black marker put a line on each tire on the tape
    (put a block of wood to hold the marker strait on the tape and spinn the tire to make a line around it both tires) 4. use the line to get your measurment (you want to measure from the center of the tire front and rear ) front side should be 1/8 to 1/4 toe in from the back side. 5. loosen the tie rod and twist it to change the toe in ... thats it 15min job done right save the $75 for beer.. a helper is needed to hold one side of the tape measure ... LARRY

Comment

Larry I think he was somewhat concerned about caster
      Look on Stu Olsens website for that. Your way of measuring toe is dead on you can also paint the tire and then scribe it either way works

Comment

caster

thanks guys .ive got the toe in part down but i want caster angles to be right .i removed the stock arms and replaced with adjustable ones .do you just measure center to center and go back with it ??????

Comment

Firestone stores offer a lifetime alignment for $178. Works pretty well for me , go back once a year and have it ckd for free.
          06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
          07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

The caster on a TJ with 35" tires should be 5 to 6 degrees.
            IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Working...
            X