Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need tech help

i have 1998 tj 6 cly 5 speed, NO SPARK, I CHANGE UGNITION COIN, DISTRBUITOR CAP AND ROTOR, CRAN SENSOR,WATER TEMPETURE TO COMPUTER, STILL NO SPARK GAUGES DONT WORK, MY OBD GIVE ERROR MESSAGES, ANY IDEA
    ROBERT

What error messages are your OBD giving?
    holes = cowbell

Comment

Got power to the ecm/does the check engine light come on on the instrument cluster?

Comment

Not sure if the 98's have this, but might check the black box under the hood that houses all the relays and main fuses. I think there is a fuse for the computer, but not completely sure or not...Just my :2:
        Some say that if you listen to the little voices, you are open minded, if you answer them, you belong in a white padded room. I say, have a conversation!!

Comment

hi

obd reader say "error" i check ll fuses,

Comment

hi

no engine light, no tach, i give direct power to the coin still no spark.

Comment

You need to restore power to the ecm it's either a blown fuse or a bad wire somewhere. If the ecm does not have battery power to it it will never run. The basic idea is this key on you get a check engine light which means there is power to the ecm crank it, the ecm will see a signal from the crank sensor, then it will turn on the asd and fuel pump relais which in turn powers up the ignition module and fuel pump. If part one does not happen nothing else will happen

Comment

thanks guys for the help. the jeep is running, was the coil, brought new coil an was bad, thanks againg, roberto

Comment

You didn't buy a coil from Kragen did you? I've had terrible luck with their electrical stuff. Anyway, glad you got it running.
                  holes = cowbell

Comment

Working...
                  X