Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen... HELP.!.!.!

Sorry I wasen't sure where to post this so if its in the wrong place can you move it for me or tell me where to move it to... thanks...

Ok... Am pissed...! Someone out there has my Hardtop... It was stolen Nov 8... From the Bakersfield,Ca area I Didn't post it on here right away just in case the criminal try to sell it on one of the Jeep websites. I wanted to give him time to be comfortable enough to post it, and BAM!!! I got him... But it didn't work out that way... So now am reaching out to the jeep Community and my friends to put the world out, or perhaps you know the person who bought it, or know someone who knows someone who bought one recently.... Which I know makes it tough to turn your own buddy in and have him lose his money for buying a stolen top... Well truth is right about now am at the point that to hell with the top, I would like the contact info to the person the purchased it from, rather it's a phone number, or an email address.... There is one post on Craigslist that describes my top to the exact "T"...! Not to mention NO one sells a Hard top for this cheap! So if you know anyone who purchased the following top i would love to talk to them. Even if this ad is legit and not my top I still want to know for sake of mind... My hardtop is Tan with a couple of scratchs and tinted windows. Pretty much what the following link says. I never could get him to respond but than again i didn't see the Post till about 3 or 4 days after it came out.

http://bakersfield.craigslist.org/pts/1477480003.html

If you have any info to the recovery of my top i am more than willing to give you a reward. So i would like to thank everyone for their help in putting the word out. Lets le these criminals know that you can't go around stealing peoples Jeep stuff, especially from fellow Jeepers!

P.S.
    If your reading this and you're the one who took my top, believe me you will be found.
    If you're reading this and you know you have my top, please return it. Am more than willing to work something out with what u bought it for and would really appreciate it. Am sure you would ask the same in return. However, if your conscience lets you live with yourself and you decide to keep my top, Trust me when i say i will find you. I know my top, try what you want, paint it, re-tint it, fix the scratches, either way i know my top and will catch you. You better leave that thing parked in a garage because if you bring it out, you will be caught too...

I don't mean to sound rude or threatening to anyone, I just hate thieves or people who can purchase stolen items and can be ok with it.

Once again thanks for any help. You can reach me at 661-599-4225, or email me at Dreamer_Dude@hotmail.com or contact the Sheriff Department.

Thanks!!!
    Last edited by Rock_Crawler_97; 12-11-09, 04:01 AM.

Henry,

Good luck on this. Maybe 30 or 40 of us Jeepers could go visiting when you find his location. I'm getting tired of the losers praying on the good guys.

Mitch

Comment

Henry,

I know how you feel about theves. We just had our ATM number hijacked. The bank is covering our losses but it takes up to 10 days to get the $$ back in our account. One of the purchases is for phone minutes for an inmate in San Bernardino County jail. Can you believe it?

Oh, and last week someone stole my wife's CD collection out of her car, like 25 CD's. I'd like to set up survellance some night in a mall parking lot some night and catch the theves that do that....
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

Henry, I,m a ways away but will keep my eyes and ears on this...not even my stuff and it ticks me off sooo much and the thing is people think its there,s ..FREAKIN JERKS!!
        "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

That really sucks, man. Would like to smash the punk in the face for you.
          holes = cowbell

Comment

Saw the thread title and thought it was yet another stolen Jeep. At least it was just your hard top! Hopefully the POLICE catch this douche and he gets what's coming. Don't do anything stupid that will get you into trouble over a hard top.

Do you want any of us to contact the person on that craigslist posting to see if we get a response?
            If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Rock_Crawler_97 View Post
              if your conscience lets you live with yourself and you decide to keep my top, Trust me when i say i will find you. I know my top, try what you want, paint it, re-tint it, fix the scratches, either way i know my top and will catch you. You better leave that thing parked in a garage because if you bring it out, you will be caught too...
              I’m sorry you had your hard top stolen. I hate thieves as much as a the next guy. I have a hard top on my YJ and I have to say at least half of the reason it is on there is for theft deterrent. Never really considered someone stealing the top itself. It sounds to me like you have some unique identifying marks on your hard top. If that is the case you should call the police. Craigslist has a good reputation for working with law enforcement in regards to prostitution and stolen property. BUT, they will not hand over that information without a warrant. So if you contact local law enforcement and describe to them what in this add makes you think this top belongs to you. If you can convince them that it is your top they will get a warrant and craigslist can give you an ip address and an email address that is associated with the ad. Good luck.
              Those left standing
              Will make millions
              Writing books on ways
              It should have been
              -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Sorry to hear the thieves got your top . . . hope you catch the bastards.
                That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Henry,

I hope you and the police catch this thief.

As much as I think a good old fashioned re-education party sounds like a good time at the expense of the thief, don't do anything that turns into more trouble than it's worth for you.

Good luck!

Christian
                  "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

Did you have the police contact craigslist to see if they could get the sellers info to check it out?

Comment

ya.. contact the police.. my buddy had his civic stolen and he found 4 different ads with his stuff in it.. of coarse no phone number.. craigslist helped out the police and he got most of his stuff that wasnt sold back..
                      [COLOR="Blue"]www.LEADFOOToffroad.com [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"][COLOR="Red"] COMING SOON!!![/COLOR][/COLOR]
                      PARTS, SERVICE, INSTALLATION & CUSTOM FAB...

Comment

thanks

Thanks everyone for your support... I did try to contact him but never got a response. I was even hoping for an email that said "no I don't have it" but nothing... so I wasent able to trace his email. I am working with the police. Thanks again everyone...

Comment

You'll be damn lucky to catch him, but bad karma goes around. He'll get his...
                          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

yep very true....

Comment

Originally posted by Rock_Crawler_97 View Post
                              Thanks everyone for your support... I did try to contact him but never got a response. I was even hoping for an email that said "no I don't have it" but nothing... so I wasent able to trace his email. I am working with the police. Thanks again everyone...
                              I saw your post on another forum. I also sent him an email. Nothing.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X