Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A low COG Lj........

I have an 06 LJ rubicon, with an RE SA 7000 SF kit with 3 1/2" springs. And this works out very well with 33" tires. However, I'm thinking of getting either an Nth deg. "tummy tuck" or the Rokmen high clearance belly pan. I REALLY want to keep the COG as low as I can, so my question is this.....1" body lift? No lift and dent out the floor board to make room for the tranny? I would think that raising the body would raise the COG more than just raising the engine 1"....I run a hard top, and I think that would come into play....any ideas on keeping the COG as low as possible without cutting out the wheel wells for 35's......(soon)?????
    :cactus::cactus:+:beer:=:poop:...:hide:

You can add the body lift and it'll be a very little difference. 1 inch will be enough for the tummy tuck and 35s. You could also add wheel spacers to help compensate with the added height if you feel it's too much.
    We tried to make the world idiot proof. Now we just have a world full of idiots.

Comment

Install the tummy tuck and then see where it takes you.
      241 is a bit bigger than a 231. 231 and a tummy tuck will fit without a body lift, unless you go for a completely flat custom job

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
        Install the tummy tuck and then see where it takes you.
        241 is a bit bigger than a 231. 231 and a tummy tuck will fit without a body lift, unless you go for a completely flat custom job
        I've been told it takes quite a bit of tub mashing to get the tummy tuck in w/o the body lift... and that's with the 231... no? I have a TT waiting to go on my heap, and I've been waiting to find more information on this because ideally I'd like to have NO body lift as well.
        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

I ran the terraflex belly up without a body lift worked fine without any tub mods. Some of it has to do with the transmission mount you use or built, get the transfercase as close as you can to the skidplate, shoot for no more than a 1/4 of clearance at its lowest point. If it does hit use the MR Blaine socket clearance mod

Comment

I'd just get the body lift and MML, stick the 35's on there and adjust the bump stops.
            [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
            SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Nth degree tummy tucker can be done on the Rubicon with out a body/ motor lift. I comes with a piece that is used to "dimple" the inner body panel not seen in the interior. No major hammering needed for this product. My vote would be tummy tucker & some form of high line kit if it's within your budget. Though the high line would require the rear wheel well to be trimmed, & so does the hood unless you go AEV.
              Last edited by snydercj7; 12-10-09, 05:51 PM.
              Build it right the first time.

Comment

I running the RE SF4.5" springs and 1" body lift and 35's on the same 06 LJ Rubi and i still have the tires rubbing on the tub and plastic flares, will be doing some fender trimming soon. With 3.5" spring you will need to do some fender cutting.
                I too need to do a belly skid after i crushed my oil pan, like the Rokmen with the one piece trans/ oil pan skid
                Solor Yellow LJ Rubicion 4.5 SF SA. Body armor bumpers, Sliders, Warn RC 9.0, CB,Intake, Edge TB and programer.35" X Terrains, Some additional cage work

Comment

Originally posted by luskie View Post
                  I running the RE SF4.5" springs and 1" body lift and 35's on the same 06 LJ Rubi and i still have the tires rubbing on the tub and plastic flares, will be doing some fender trimming soon. With 3.5" spring you will need to do some fender cutting.
                  I too need to do a belly skid after i crushed my oil pan, like the Rokmen with the one piece trans/ oil pan skid
                  extend your bump stops.
                  [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                  SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                  Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Working...
                  X