Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb mechanic in Riverside area?

I have a 1987 YJ 4.2L with a carb. I just switched my ignition (TFI upgrade)and set the timing, now I'm looking for a shop that has a gas anylizer to make sure the carb is adjusted right(a lot of people aren't that good with jeeps).I just don't have the funds to do a fuel injection upgrade. I'm in the Riverside area....
    any suggestions ???

Setting idle mixture is not that involved, as long as the while feedback mechanism works it should run the way it's supposed too

Comment

Just set your idle mixture with a vacuum gauge.
      If you are using the Carter BBD carb, turn BOTH idle mix. screws out(from all the way in/stopped)about 3 1/2 turns and go for the highest vac. reading with smooth idle. Both screws MUST be turned the same amount.
      It's easy to DIY.
      Respectfully,
      LG
      Hav'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men....

Comment

Thanks for the info..... I'll look at it tonight.It seems to run fine, but I like to make sure I fix everything at home and not on the trail.

Comment

Purchase a rebuild kit and carry it on the trails. I would rebuild my Carter BBD about every 6 months, regardless of how it was running. I had pretty good luck with mine. It would keep running at off angles, but if I killed the motor, it would not restart.

Good luck with it!

Comment

I have a Carter YF on my 53 Chevy pickup. It has a lot mroe adjustment than most people think.
            Those left standing
            Will make millions
            Writing books on ways
            It should have been
            -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

there is a great carb shop in Riverside on Palm Ave. bottom pf the Arroyo. I think the name is Riverside Carb service. Anyway he always has Jeeps outside the place.
              censored for having an opinion

Comment

Working...
              X