Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ball Joints

Planning on changing the ball joints on my Rubi soon and was looking for recommendations.....

Moog makes very good, better than OE, quality ball joints.
    The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

anyone know where I can buy the spicer or Moog ball joints in the Valley? Or should I just go with some from napa and plan on changing them earlier?

Comment

Originally posted by JeepinLA Eh View Post
        anyone know where I can buy the spicer or Moog ball joints in the Valley? Or should I just go with some from napa and plan on changing them earlier?
        I need to do my passenger side too, off -2degrees. Talk to Brett at Off Road Werk (805)642-8400, he carries Spicer...we should have a joint party (ball)

Comment

Anyone know a ballpark price on changing out the ball joints? I was told I,d say about ayear ago that my passenger front was going and if I remember the price was crazy I think between 600.00 to 800.00 bucks gotta be all labor huh? Thanks ya,ll....Geeb..or maybe I,m confused again..lol
          "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

was considering trying this one myself in March....I've got the kit and adapters!! Just a matter of how much swearing and bangin my neighbors can stand!!!

Comment

Whats funny I bought some duralast liftime warrenty wj lower balljoints at autozone. They were repackaged dana joints. Not sure on the one for a tj. I did buy a complete set of dana spicer for a tj on ebay for about $112.00 though.

Comment

With a good ball joint installer (OTC) and a half way decent 1/2 impact and a good size hammer to knock the balljoint studs loose, it should not take more than a couple of hours to change all four.

Comment

I second what aw12345 just said.

But you could also head to autozone and rent their balljoint press and make your life even easier still.

www.stu-offroad.com has a great writeup on doing the balljoints.

Comment

I'm sure you can get whatever you need here:
                    http://www.partsmike.com/

I think Kragen can order you the Moog Ball Joints.
                    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

If you want the best there is and you dont mind a bit more $$

Dynatrac prosteer ball joints are the shizell...
                      *Ricky Bobby* "I'm on FIRE!"... "I'm on FIRE!"...

Comment

anyone used the offset upper ball joints? seems like a good way to get around rotating the inner C's (for now)
                        An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by ROBERTK View Post
                          If you want the best there is and you dont mind a bit more $$

Dynatrac prosteer ball joints are the shizell...
                          Cant find any application for a tj just jk's and others. OMG! Sheez! I could buy 5 complete sets of spicers for what those cost and have some change left over.

Comment

Todd, let me know how your ball joint project comes out, I,ll be right behind you in getting my two front ones done..Thanks..Geeb
                            "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
                              Cant find any application for a tj just jk's and others. OMG! Sheez! I could buy 5 complete sets of spicers for what those cost and have some change left over.
                              I said if you can pony up some more coin :-)

Yeah I can get dana spicer stock replacements for I think 50$ a side.
                              *Ricky Bobby* "I'm on FIRE!"... "I'm on FIRE!"...

Comment

Working...
                              X