Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soft Top

Greetings all, can anyone recommend a shop in north county SD that fixes soft top zippers?

I want to fix the rear window zipper coming apart and provide dual zippers to open the rear without removiong it. The stock rear window has only one zipper from one end to the other.

Thanks,

Are you sure it has only one zipper? Mine is a 2006 soft top and can be unzipped from both sides so you can kind of open it like a glass flip up window

Comment

Yep my TJ's rear window zipper can be unzipped from both sides. Other than that, you'll have better luck getting zippers repaired down in SD if you look for a marine (boat) canvas repair shop.
      The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

The issue is more likely the zipper "pull" is shot and you don't need to replace the whole zipper(many $$$,BTW).
        To remove the "pull" close the zipper and when you come to the zippers stop you will see a small clip blocking the pull. Just remove that and the pull will come off(Don't "cave-man" it).
        Then take the "pull" to Jo-ann's or a "top shop" and match them up. WARNING.....The new pull MUST be "EXLACTY" like what you took off(different color OK).
        FWIW: I have done this for years and you do learn about zippers.
        Respectfully,
        LG
        Hav'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men....

Comment

At one time I looked around N Sd county for a place that would replace the zippers in my soft top windows. Everyone I talked to told me they could not do it because the sharp curves in the zipper. They told me if I could find a zipper that was the right shape they could put it in.
          Those left standing
          Will make millions
          Writing books on ways
          It should have been
          -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Soft Top

take a look... the start side is torn and hangin...the other side shows the one zipper. I talked to Best Top who was also surprised it only had one zipper. Must be an odd version for the 04, which by the way is the Columbia Edition.

Comment

Working...
            X