Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are two CPS available at Vatozone.

Option 1: "With high altitude emission"
    Option 2: "Without high altitude emission"

I'm guessing I should get Option 1?

Comment

Originally posted by ZexGX View Post
      There are two CPS available at Vatozone.

Option 1: "With high altitude emission"
      Option 2: "Without high altitude emission"

I'm guessing I should get Option 1?

Deprnds on where you do most of your driving. i think the cut-off is 4,000' ASL
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

the CPS and the connector seem logical.
        altitude should make no difference whatsoever....
        since you have no confidence in driving it very far, try starting the engine (if it will) and then very carefully wiggle and pull gently on the wiring at the connector and other misc connectors. You're trying to make it act up by this method as you identify the possible problem area.
        If the CPS wire harness has touched the exhaust, it will melt and can cause problems if the wires are hard and brittle.
        On the Renix system, I would also play with the coil and the wires to it. Pull the coil wire and check the ends for green corrosion.
        Tap the relays from the top as it idles to see if you notice any change in idle speed.
        I don't believe it's mechanical in nature, and most likley is electrical.
        The engine does have to turn, at the minimum, 400 rpms while it
        cranks or it won't start, so a weak battery can cause problems as well.
        The engine will not start with the CPS disconnected.

Comment

my experince...

I have a 97 TJ and have had a similiar issue as you... I could be driving and it would just shut off as thou the key was turned off. It was getting fuel and spark... I did notice thou after letting sit for a little bit it would eventually start back up. I thought it was the CPS, changed it out and it didn't help. I took it in to the shop they ripped all the wiring a part thinking it had to be electrical and they where right, however they never did find the problem. lol I continued to drive it like that, letting it rest whenever it needed to... ( What?! a man has to wheel...! ) lol Anyways so as i sat out there for the who knows how many times... lol i started to fittle with things when i ran across the plug that goes in to the coil. (2 wires) almost at the base of the plug its self the two wires had some how go spliced open... and though they werent touching one another i seperated them further, taped them and it fired right up. I got home put them like they where before, and it acted up again still giving spark but not starting. Seperated them and it fired right up. replaced the harrness and never had another issue again. I guess what am saying is check the wiring to the coil and make sure its not grounding anywhere... Sorry for the long post guys... Well help this helps some....

Comment

Working...
          X