Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZJ: Need good mechanic in San Diego Area

a friend of mine is looking for a good mechanic to work on his 98 Grand Cherokee - he's having tranny issues. in the Carlsbad/San Diego Area
    Thanks

The only Jeep tranny guy I know to trust in SOCAL is Joe at Westminster Transmission up in Orange County (Westminster). 714-898-0089. I live in San Diego county but if I was having tranny issues, I'd somehow get my rig up to them. He has a sterling reputation among Jeepers.
    The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

The best tranny shop I have ever used is Metro Transmition in San Marcos. They have saved me thousands. Don't have any contact info but they are off of Grand Ave. You'll find them if you Googled.
      Those left standing
      Will make millions
      Writing books on ways
      It should have been
      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Also Caltrans in san marcos, used to do all the work at the shop i worked at. Havent worked with them in years seeing as I have a pair and drive a stick :beer:
        An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

my experience is if its in need of a rebuild or something major, its usually cheaper and easier to just get another one from a yard. tranny shops arent cheap
          1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Working...
          X