Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 Jeep Cherokee ABS

My check antilock light is on and i was told it could be the recall parts, but is it possible to check these parts on your own without having to go to the dealership and get a diagnostics?

I think its Kragen that will hook up the diagnostic to yer vehicle and tell you trouble codes for free, some will even reset your check engine light.
    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

You can go to any Auto Zone store. They will check the diagnostics for you and tell you what the error code is. You can go from there.
      If you fix it on your own, you can go back and they will clear the error light for you too.
      All FREE!

Comment

Ok, thanks. I might just go do that right now haha brb

Comment

Ok, its not my ABS at all. But they didnt have any room to really check my vehicle out. To fill ya in, my brake pedal is almost to the floor and Ive already replaced the rear brake cylinders and pads. Any suggestions?

Comment

A brake pedal to the floor means either the master brake cylinder is bad, one of the front cylinder/pistons is bad, or you have a leak in the braking system. If the brake fluid is ok, that means no leak so check the front brake caliper cylinders/pistons. If they're ok, it's probably a bad master brake cylinder.
            The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

Ya, my check antilock light is back on, but my fluid is full so theres no leak. As soon the snow clears (thats colorado fo ya) I will remove my front tires and check the front brakes. Only thing thats a lil touchy is I have the recalled system back in 1990-91 but it was recalled. Ill check the brakes as soon as I can

Comment

The bad news is... ABS means you have the D35 If your master cyl ends up being bad, look onto a master+ booster from a 96+ XJ or a ZJ (forget what years) it really helps out alot
                An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

The master+booster from 96+ xj will fit into my 90 XJ? Should i also save up to get like a D44 then?

Comment

D35<8.25<D44 or 8.8< D60, F9", C12 bolt
                    An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Ok, ya,im pretty new to some of this stuff like the parts u jus listed haha but a D44 frnt n D60 rear? and some of the other jargon u used. Will the 96 cylinder+booster fit in my 90?

Comment

Originally posted by grolla42 View Post
                        Ok, ya,im pretty new to some of this stuff like the parts u jus listed haha but a D44 frnt n D60 rear? and some of the other jargon u used. Will the 96 cylinder+booster fit in my 90?
                        With some modification, yes.

There are a ton of threads on NAXJA detailing the swap.

Comment

Ok, ill for sure check out NAXJA

Comment

Working...
                          X