Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airbag Light

My Airbag light came on and my speedometer and tach shut off. When I down shifted the light went off and the gauges came back. Nothing else on the cluster shut off and my jeep didnt sputter. What does this mean and how do i fix it?
    6" Terflex, Teralow Short Shaft kit, JKS Disconnects, 33" BFG's, and a whole lot of stereo equipment...

I think it means you're halucinating, and you fix it by not taking anymore drugs...

Seriously, does this phenomenon occur with regularity, or was it an isolated event?

Comment

Its never happened before and it happened twice on sunday. I was driving in fifth gear...the light came on and the gauges shut off. I down shifted and the light went off and the gauges came back. I thought I was senial but my girlfriend saw it also. I dont know you tell me.

Andy
      6" Terflex, Teralow Short Shaft kit, JKS Disconnects, 33" BFG's, and a whole lot of stereo equipment...

Comment

This has happened occasionally on our '98 TJ. From what I understand, the problem stems from a loose connector behind the dash. It has only happened to us when we've had the top down for a few weeks. I have the fix procedure printed up at home, but it hasn't happened since I've had the fix...go figure Good luck with yours, and remember its not that serious of a problem.
        It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
        and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

Is it possible to get a copy of the fix report? It only happened that one day and hasnt happened since but it would be nice to have just in case.
          Thanx

Comment

Mine does the same thing but it's an automatic. The only way I can bring the gauges back is to tap the brakes... mine started out like yours, not very often and now it does it all the time. Still haven't fixed it though... baffled.
            [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
            [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Comment

http://www.jeepmadness.com/guages.htm

Very easy fix. It took me about 15 minutes 2 years ago and I have never had another problem.
              1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Good info Al! Thanks !
                2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Thanks for the link, I will have to try that tomorrow.
                  [color=grey]Ryan[/color]

Comment

my guages dont work either, only the battery light works and the E brake light...and the only electrical in the whole car that works are the headlights....
                    B R E T T
                    87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

Well I tore apart the dash which was very easy. Gotta love jeeps. Did the turns on the connectors, and so far so good. It's amazing how something so simple could cause so much trouble.
                      [color=grey]Ryan[/color]

Comment

Working...
                      X