• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubicon Rims?

Will the stock Rubicon Rims fit a 97TJ?

What is the back spacing?

What size are the Stock Rubicon tires?

Thanks

Also will these rims work with a tire thats 33x12.50 on a 3" lift or will the tires rub because of back spacing?

Comment

Yes they will fit any model year TJ but their backspacing is 5" which is too much for 33x12.50 tires. Rubicon tires are roughly equivilent to a 31x10.50 tire, I don't know the exact metric size.
      The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

Man I just put these rims on my 04 LJ unlimited. I've got a 4.5 RE lift and 1.25" wheel spacers with 305/70/16 Hankooks no rubbing.

Comment

No wonder they don't rub, you installed 1.25" spacers.

Comment

I was gonna post a question for my friend...nearly along these lines...so if I could ask a quick one...

Will a rim from an 09 JK fit on a 91 YJ? Thanks

Comment

The new JK wrangler (07 and newer) has a different bolt pattern, it will not work. 88-06 are the same pattern for reference.

Comment

Originally posted by scherf68 View Post
                The new JK wrangler (07 and newer) has a different bolt pattern, it will not work. 88-06 are the same pattern for reference.

Thanks

Comment

Okay I have a wheel question, what is the bolt pattern of a 2003 TJ? I'm planning on building a trail trailer for my girl and looking for some steel wheels for it. everything on the net is factory wheels which is not what I am looking for I want some black steel wheels but do not know the jeep bolt pattern to extend my search.

Thanks Moke.

Comment

5 x 4.5"
                    http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Comment

Originally posted by SAR Jeeper View Post
                      Thanks
                      You can however get spydertrax wheel spacers that convert the bolt pattern from 4.5 to 5.
                      We tried to make the world idiot proof. Now we just have a world full of idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ Jake View Post
                        You can however get spydertrax wheel spacers that convert the bolt pattern from 4.5 to 5.
                        So long as you don't mind the wheel sticking out further than necessary.

Personally, I'd buy wheels with the right bolt pattern. I'd never use wheel adapters for that purpose no matter how much I liked some particular wheel that had the wrong bolt pattern.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
                          So long as you don't mind the wheel sticking out further than necessary.

Personally, I'd buy wheels with the right bolt pattern. I'd never use wheel adapters for that purpose no matter how much I liked some particular wheel that had the wrong bolt pattern.
                          Why Not? Some of the JK rims are 17" and depending on your tastes, not bad looking. Plus they have a lot of backspacing, so buying conversion adapters lets you switch bolt patterns and get your backspacing more tolerable, so you're killing two birds with one stone and getting away cheap if you find the right price on rims.

I'd do it in a heartbeat if I liked the rims.

If I didn't or couldn't handle bolt on wheel adapters with lots of offset, I'd have to sell my 1 ton tow rig. The front wheel adapters are about 8" long.
                          I am Savvy.

Comment

Moab Wheels (Stock Rubicon Rims)
                            16" x 8"
                            5 x 4.5" bolt pattern
                            5" backspace
                            LT245/75R16 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R BSW (30.8" dia, 9.8" section width)

Last edited by Russ Chung; 11-17-09, 09:23 AM.
                            If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                            KI6MLU

Comment

Working...
                            X