Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cj7 - Changing the Sensor in the Gas Tank

A few days ago I was talking to AVJeepfreek about my up coming projects on my Jeep. He offered to help but his days off are in the middle of the week this week (like today). Anyway, I decided to take the day off and take Scott up on his offer. Dropping a gas tank and changing out the sensor & float alone didn't seem like a very safe thing to do alone.

Scott & I dropped the tank, cleaned it, and changed out all the innards, float, filter, gasket, lock ring all of it. We ran down to the local NAPA store and bought new hoses also since these didn't look very good. It also seems like a dumb idea to go to that much trouble and NOT change them! Especially since a pressure test of the fuel system is now part of the smog testing requirememts.

We got it all back together, checked everything for leaks, and it all looks good.

Now working with Scott is a pleasure, we both dove in and did different tasks and worked together when more than two hands were needed.

We also got a few humorus test messages from great88 (Mitch) during the day. His working thing is totally disrupting his lifestyle!! Can you imagine that he would rather be working on a Jeep than working??? How could that happen to someone. No wait, I took the day off, that's right.

Thanks Scott, I really enjoyed the day. You are a true friend....
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Roger, what's the up coming projects on the Jeep?
    Check out .

Comment

40's and Dana 60's:omg:
      Roger wants to do those fire roads too

Comment

Roger,

Glad to have spent the day wrenching on your Jeep with you! After I got home, had to do a little wrenching on my own! As I was leaving to go to Rogers this morning I noticed that I had a fuel leak too and had to put the Jeep up until I could get a piece of replacement fuel line. So I drove the commuter car over to Rogers. I picked up some fuel line at NAPA in Lucerne while there with Roger. I got mine fixed and it's running great.

Thanks again Roger, it was a pleasure spending the day under your Jeep!! Give me a buzz anytime!

~Scott
        "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Well Chuck,

As you know, I have almost no funds to put in my Jeep. It continues to be the "Po' Boy" Jeep. My next item will be to add-a-leaf to my stock springs which will add 1.5 to 2" of lift. This will give me 4" of suspension lift and the 1" body lift for a total of 4.5 to 5 inches. The springs are sitting in my garage waiting for me to get enough nerve to install them!

Next is to save for new tires, probaby by next summer. With my highway gearing, I probably will go with 32x11.5x15 BFG Mud Terrains. I'm a patient guy... This is going to take a while.

I heard you are doing big things to your CJ. It will be even more awesome than it is already!
          MJR moderator
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
            40's and Dana 60's:omg:
            Roger wants to do those fire roads too
            40's & 60's would be great, but realisticly unless they fall out of the sky in the back of my property, I can only dream....

Unfortunately, at the rate I'm going, my CJ7 will never be equipped for your "fire roads". But I still love my Jeep and enjoy working on it and hitting the trails. I've learned so much working on it!
            MJR moderator
            Jeep Patrol Leader
            Reforestation Supervisor
            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
            Eagle Scout

Comment

Roger, you are one of the persons that uses his Jeep up to its abilities and gets a lot of joy out of it in the outdoors and truth be told that is what its all about.
              Not how big or bad it is.

Comment

Roger, you are one of the persons that uses his Jeep up to its abilities and gets a lot of joy out of it in the outdoors and truth be told that is what its all about.
                Well said Art.:thumbs_up

Roger, I might be able to help you out. Keep me posted on what your doing. I have quite a few parts you could probably use.
                Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                  Well said Art.:thumbs_up

Roger, I might be able to help you out. Keep me posted on what your doing. I have quite a few parts you could probably use.

PM Sent
                  MJR moderator
                  Jeep Patrol Leader
                  Reforestation Supervisor
                  Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                  Eagle Scout

Comment

Not how big or bad it is.

Thanks Art
                    MJR moderator
                    Jeep Patrol Leader
                    Reforestation Supervisor
                    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                    Eagle Scout

Comment

Working...
                    X