Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help- 1990 jeep cherokee laredo losing power

Hey, i have a 1990 jeep cherokee laredo and recently my jeep has been losing power so the lights are dimming and turn signal is getting slower, so i replaced the battery but my jeep is still not getting any juice. What could be the problem possibly?
    Last edited by JeepGal; 10-06-09, 01:29 PM.

Get a volt meter and test the battery and the alternator. Test the battery by touching the voltmeter leads to the battery. It should read close(within 1 volt) to 12 volts. It may be low because you have been having trouble. Then start the engine and do the same test. With the engine running you should see a reading of 13 or 14 Volts. If it Is less than pull your alternator off and take it to Autozone and have them test it for free.
    Those left standing
    Will make millions
    Writing books on ways
    It should have been
    -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Thanks, will do, i will try this tomorrow n let ya know

Comment

If your alt is fine, well even if you replace it, do a once over on your electrical connctions, especially your grounds. The Renix System gets very cranky with poor grounds. Good luck! And post up how it goes.....
        An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

alright, got my alternator out and tested at AdvanceAuto Parts and it failed miserably so i bought a new one and installed. Everything seems to be working now. Thanks everyone

Comment

Any time.
            Those left standing
            Will make millions
            Writing books on ways
            It should have been
            -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Working...
            X