Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about "arrow" indicator light

Hi all,

I am newly registered here on the forum. I bought a 94 Wrangler S about a month ago and am loving it so far. The jeep did not come with an owners manual, and I have a nagging question about something. On the steering column where the indicator lights are mounted (turn signals, other red lights) there is a little arrow that lights up periodically. Can anyone tell me what this is? I have called every Jeep dealer in my city and no one will tell me.

Please Help!!

I believe its a "Shift Light." If its orange and points UP, then thats probably what it is. Its suppose to let you know when to shift to get the best gas milage.
    Hope this helps. Oh, and Welcome to MJR!
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

yeah it's the upshift indicator. I couldn't stand it so i took apart my dash and removed the lightbulb for it.
      [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]1992 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

4.5" RE XD Suspension Lift
      AA SYE/ Tom Woods Custom Driveshaft
      15X8 Black Rock Crawler Rims
      33X12.50 Goodyear MTR's
      FlowMaster 40 Series Delta Cat-Back Exhaust
      Cobra 29 Classic C-B Radio Tweaked & Peaked w/ 4' K40 Antenna
      RE Hand Throttle
      Optima Red Top
      K&N Filter [/color]

Comment

Thanks for the help. I thought it might be some kind of shift indicator but if I shifted when it says to I would never make it up the hill I live on. Maybe it would work better on the 6 cyl.

Comment

Hey but with all that shifting, you might have one heck of a flashy dash.
          Ok, I digress.
          I've got the 4cyl also with 33"s and standard gearing, so I find that I am shifting a bit more than before I had the larger tires.
          PondScum, How long did it take you to do the light in your dash? Thats a good idea, I think I'll have to do it.
          AriZonaTJ

======================
          0[_____]0
          .(0IIII0). - 98 TJ, 3"Tera,33" M/Ts
          []===0=[]
          ======================

Comment

Originally posted by AriZonaTJ
            PondScum, How long did it take you to do the light in your dash? Thats a good idea, I think I'll have to do it.
            Not long at all, i'd say 10 minutes. Basically all you have to do is remove screws in the dash. It is kind of a layered effect, you remove one piece, but there is another one under it you have to remove...etc.

Once you get to the lighting display there is a plastic piece over the lights that has the pictures of each on it. By looking at it you can tell what lightbulb does what. I went ahead and removed the seatbelt light as well on mine because it was stuck on even with the seatbelt engaged.

EDIT: this is on a YJ though so i'm not sure what the set-up is like on a TJ.
            [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]1992 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

4.5" RE XD Suspension Lift
            AA SYE/ Tom Woods Custom Driveshaft
            15X8 Black Rock Crawler Rims
            33X12.50 Goodyear MTR's
            FlowMaster 40 Series Delta Cat-Back Exhaust
            Cobra 29 Classic C-B Radio Tweaked & Peaked w/ 4' K40 Antenna
            RE Hand Throttle
            Optima Red Top
            K&N Filter [/color]

Comment

Working...