Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.25" backspace...too little??

It's a 1999 XJ.. 4.5" hybrid lift.

Was able to find a set of rims for FREE.... They are 15x8 with 3.25" backspace. Will these stick out too far? Not sure how the bearing will feel. Or what other problems they will cause.

Anyone else running the same backspace without problems??

Planning on running 33x12.50's.

Thanks..
    Last edited by xjfan; 09-19-09, 11:32 AM.

Not sure of my back spacing. How do I check? Mine stick out about 3" past the fender (which I shaved 1" off).

I also have the 33x12.5x15 tires. No issues with my setup. 4" suspension lift (rubbed a little on the trails) added a 2" body lift (rubbing gone). Total 6" lift.

Last edited by Jeep4cern; 09-19-09, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Thanks... Looks good.

Comment

I see you edited. It's an XJ. Good question. Not sure if it's the same. Maybe take your tire off and put the wheel on and check it? Might give you an idea. I think Walmart charged me $5 a tire to mount. Maybe worth the $5 and check it out? Just a thought.

Comment

Will soon be installing a 4.5" lift. Will test it and see how it turns out. Wasn't sure if I'll have any problems with the bearing..

Thanks..

Comment

My first set of aftermarket wheels were from American Eagle and only had 3.25" of BS, I didn't like how far they stuck out at all. Even with my current AR wheels that have 3.75" (with 35x12.50 tires), I wish I had a little more backspacing. The less my wheels stick out on the tight trails I sometimes find myself on, the better I like it.
            The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

http://www.fourwheeler.com/techartic...tte/index.html

I prefer a negitive backspacing. Wider is better. I'm also running 1 1/2" spacers.
              Check out .

Comment

i have a 4.5 rc lift. i calls for 32x11.50 on 15x8x3.75 wheel. i know i dont know what the back space on a stock wheel is but my tires rub on my bottom control arm driver side. so i have to get a bigger spaced wheel. just call a lift shop and ask what the lift calls for. bearing shouldnt be a problem though.

Comment

When to another shop and got them mounted. Sticks out a little further that I expected but good for now until I buy another set of wheels. A set with 4" BS

Will search to see which fender flares would cover this some..

Hope to lift to 4.5" soon.

Here's how they look.

Comment

Wider is better for stability, but you beat on the wheels more, and it's illegal if you don't run flaps or ridiculously wide flares on the street.

My Jeep is 82" wide from outside to outside of the tires, and I do not mind beating up on the wheels.

'96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Comment

Working...
                    X