Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conversions... Novak or Advance Adapters?

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conversions... Novak or Advance Adapters?

[COLOR="Sienna"]This is concerning a Chevy Transmission (700R4) to a Jeep Transfer case (NP231). But what I really want to know is about company quality, and service after the sale.

If I were concerned only with price, I would say Advance... but for a little more, I could get the Novak kit. My question is: Is the extra $$ worth it, or are the two pretty much the same and Novak just charges more?

At first look, it would appear Novak has a more researched and superior product. But that could also be slick advertising. I also could be missing a company that I should be considering altogether.

Never having dealt with either company, I thought I'd ask the experts. Have at it.[/COLOR]
    Last edited by USMC 0369; 09-10-09, 11:40 AM.
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

I've haven't had, or even heard of any problems with Advanced Adaptor products. As far as customer service, I never had any issues but, I can say they return calls and had my Atlas transfer case built two weeks faster than promised. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Comment

I have done business with both, I would say the quality is the same, both are good solid well researched products, I think Novak has a more personally service attitude however I have never had a problem with either.
      censored for having an opinion

Comment

I went with Novak for my swap. I think they have more info available for doing conversions. I do know first hand that Novak's customer service is first rate. During my swap I had to call them a few times and they were extremely helpful. I did have an issue with one of their parts which was a manufacturing error. They replaced it and paid the freight. If I did another conversion I would defiantly go with Novak.

[COLOR=#a0522d]But that could also be slick advertising[/COLOR]
        That is not the case with Novak.
        Check out .

Comment

[COLOR="Sienna"]Thanks for the great feedback guys. I knew I could count on you.[/COLOR]
          [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
          Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

I always heard AA had a great product but Novak's post-sales support impressed the hell out of me. I was only installing one of their $200 t-case shifter kits but they gave me an amazing amount of support when it didn't go as easily as I expected. Based on that alone, I'd sure use them again.
            The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

Working...
            X