Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Bed Liners

I need to do my floorboards and have been looking at the various DIY bed line kits available. I've seen a couple Jeeps with the roll on Herculiner that looked pretty good. I know there is also Durabak (roll/spray) and Raptor which come with a spray gun.

Are there any other bed liner kits I should consider, and is one any better then the other as far as durability, looks and application?

Andrew-

I used the roll on Herculiner. It looks great, goes on easy and is pretty durable. A small can of Herculiner in the garage makes for easy touch-ups should you need it.

I am happy with my results. I have no experience with the others you mentioned.

-Brian
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

[COLOR="Sienna"]I've had this converation with several people, several times. From what I gather, mostly it comes down to prep work. If you don't do adequate prep work, none of them perform as intended and you'll end up repeating your work.

My main concern was, how much weight would this add to my rig? From what I gathered it shouldn't be a factor unless you put it on massively thick.
      [/COLOR]
      [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
      Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

I've only seen the black Herculiner that was rolled on, and thought it looked good. I've always had my trucks Rhino-lined or Line-X'ed, and after a couple years in the sun they looked brown. I'm thinking of using gray lining this time for the Jeep.

The prep shouldn't be too bad. My floorboard and wheel wells are bare metal right now.

How much weight do you think it adds once dried? I bet I pulled over 20# of carpet, padding and rubber floor mats out.

Comment

Yo Slice.
          Here is the website for Herculiner. Order what color you want.
          http://www.herculiner.com/product_info.html
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

what? no border patrol green?
            An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Andrew, I use Herculiner on the floor of my FToy and it holds up pretty well. End up having to touch it up once a year where the heel rests near the throttle is all.
              Rich

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                [COLOR="Sienna"]I've had this converation with several people, several times. From what I gather, mostly it comes down to prep work. If you don't do adequate prep work, none of them perform as intended and you'll end up repeating your work.

My main concern was, how much weight would this add to my rig? From what I gathered it shouldn't be a factor unless you put it on massively thick.
                [/COLOR]
                I wouldn't worry about weight... if you bring the herculiner home in the cans, they're only a couple pounds each. Just spread that out over the floor, no biggie!
                If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

check out raptor...Looks great can come in tinted colors and if you buy the whole kit come with the media gun to shoot it.. Super clean way to do it..

http://www.tcpglobal.com/detailsupplydepot/dsd18.aspx
                  Head nut at Outdoorlogic
                  Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
                  www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyrig View Post
                    check out raptor...Looks great can come in tinted colors and if you buy the whole kit come with the media gun to shoot it.. Super clean way to do it..

http://www.tcpglobal.com/detailsupplydepot/dsd18.aspx
                    Have you applied Raptor yourself, and what's the tintable coating? I have a lot of tight areas to coat and I'm wondering if the spray gun will make it easier or more difficult.

Comment

Herculiner has a UV top coat that goes over the top of the liner. I used in my tub and haven't had any browning.
                      Check out .

Comment

I have a box of it sitting in the garage.. However, my buddy down the street who is restoring a Impala used it on the underside of the car.Looks great and I watched him apply it. It was clean simple and why I bought it. I have used Herculiner,duplicoat, and cant say they were half as easy to put on as this stuff. Use household foil to cover up those weird shaped items, and BLUE tape for the rest. You will really like the results.

Oh, and you can contact them to buy it in colors to match you paint. The local paint supplier down here can do it for me...
                        Head nut at Outdoorlogic
                        Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials

Comment

I just did the tub on the GF CJ and this stuff is awesome! Clean super easy to use and looks really good... Good feel as well not ruff but has texture! Now to see how strong it is... I will post up pics later
                          Head nut at Outdoorlogic

Comment

I used black Herculiner on the tub rails of my Jeep about 3 years ago. I sanded down the paint and cleaned off all the dust real good, and applied 3 coats of Herculiner. So far, it's held up real well. It might be a tad faded, but I think it's more like dusty--definitely hasn't turned brown or purple or anything. Anyway a good scrub, rinse, and a fresh coat, and it will be like new.
                            holes = cowbell

Comment

Working...
                            X