Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for some new shoes...

My balding Bridgestone AT's are just not cutting it in the rocks, so I'm trying to decide on some new shoes. I'm thinking KM2's or GY MTR's 33x12.50. I'm looking to run everything from Glamis/Ocotillo to Big Bear snow to Johnson Valley(never been yet). What's better & why?
    BFG KM2's
    16.67%
    Goodyear MT/R's w/ Kevlar
    75.00%
    Wheel the AT's till they blow & spend your money elsewhere...
    8.33%
    My Jeep cost's me more than my wife...

i dont like either one. procomp extreme mts!!! thats what i run and they kick ass

Comment

For rocks MTR's rock and they do fairly well in the snow also

Comment

For rock crawling, especially on sharp rocks, the only tire on your list I'd even consider is the kevlar MT/R.
        The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
          For rock crawling, especially on sharp rocks, the only tire on your list I'd even consider is the kevlar MT/R.
          Are there better choices in that price range? About $200 a tire? I only drive to and from the trail, it's not a DD.

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
            For rocks MTR's rock and they do fairly well in the snow also
            Hey Art! What are you rolling on now? I'll have to hook up with you guys again & maybe do Cleghorn.

Comment

I'm a big fan of the Super Swamper TSL SX tires. Super thick sidewalls.

Comment

This guy always seems to have good deals. Maybe call him?
                KE TIRES WAREHOUSE
                2503 SEAMAN AVE
                S EL MONTE, CA 91733

626-453-0493

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...336880978.html
                GT Radial MT Mudder suv/truck tires.

LT 235/75R15 (4) - $310

31x10.50R15 (4) - $360

33x12.50R15 (4) - $475

LT 235/85R16 (4) - $440

LT 245/75R16 (4) - $380

LT 265/75R16 (4) - $400

LT 285/75R16 (4) - $440

LT 305/70R16 (4) - $450

Comment

MTR's but Cooper has a new tire that looks really good to me, they almost have the same pattern as the toyo's but they have a 3ply sidewall... :thumbs_up
                  :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Have MTZ's right now punctured a sidewall twice now, did not have that problem with my old MTR's, those things took a pretty good beating, next tires will be the new MTR's. I hate worrying about stuff potentially breaking and having to fuzz with it on the trail

Comment

[COLOR=black]Both are great tires but I went with the KM2's. Abuse the hell out of them and only puncture was into the inter side wall from my tie rod. I don't think you'll go wrong with either.[/COLOR]
                      Check out .

Comment

I love my original tread pattern MTR's. I have abused them on the rocks and then driven them 100+ miles home without any thoughts other than checking the tire pressure.
                        Money pit!

Comment

Since where on the subject. Where do you guys get your tire puncture kits at? The ones with the sticks you put in.

Comment

You can actually find the plug kits at pepboys or pay more and get them in a fancy box from a 4x4 store

Comment

Since where on the subject. Where do you guys get your tire puncture kits at? The ones with the sticks you put in.
                              I got a tire repair kit at Autozone or Wal-mart or somewhere that seemed to have decent tools and parts: the t-handle tools for reaming the whole and inserting the plugs, plugs, patches, valve cores, valve core wrenches, etc. I have added valve stems since I managed to almost tear on of those off completely. It's always in my Jeep.

With regard to choice of tires, I've been a fan of BFGs over the years, but I think my next set may be the new Goodyear MTR w/ Kevlar. Until recently I've had my heart set on some KM2s, but it looks like icy roads may be in my near future. The new MTR's tread pattern looks like it would be a lot better than the KM2s on the ice; the reviews seem to bear this out. It wouldn't be hard to beat my KMs on the ice--that's the one surface they seem to suck more than other tires on.
                              holes = cowbell

Comment

Working...
                              X