Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to install hi-lift. Questions.

Well, moved it around and I personally like it on the hood. Where should I mount it so the hood fully opens. Any tips or tricks would be great. It's not light to just move around. lol Here are some photos I took trying to find a good spot. I moved it around again after photos were taken. I am open to input on where to move it on the hood.

Ron

Ron,

Open your hood and lay it back against your windshield (towel on the upper frame if you don't want a scratch)

Split the difference between the top of the windshield and the hood hinge line.
    Jeff
    OHV76V
    KG6TY
    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart View Post
      Ron,

Open your hood and lay it back against your windshield (towel on the upper frame if you don't want a scratch)

Split the difference between the top of the windshield and the hood hinge line.
      Great idea! Thank youuuuuuu very much

Comment

I've seen folks build a plate that uses the factory snubber positions also. You won't be able to fold the windshield with a jack on the hood, might look at that too.
        Jeff
        OHV76V
        KG6TY
        You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Ron,
          Is your spare tire carrier stock? I personally think that is a better location. Not sure if you ever drop your windsheild like Jeff mentioned but it's a nice feature to have sometimes. :2:

Also prevents damage to your windsheild frame if you flop.
          Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
            Ron,
            Is your spare tire carrier stock? I personally think that is a better location. Not sure if you ever drop your windsheild like Jeff mentioned but it's a nice feature to have sometimes. :2:

Also prevents damage to your windsheild frame if you flop.
            It is stock.

I ended up putting it on the front bumper for now. When I upgrade the rear tire carrier, I'll move it there. Last minute call, but I would probably move it after tire carrier was upgraded. So, I didn't want holes on the hood.

There is no "flop" in my Jeeps vocabulary.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep4cern View Post
              There is no "flop" in my Jeeps vocabulary.
              You can't flop it if you never get it out there!
              :tongue::wink::omg:

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Dezertdog View Post
                You can't flop it if you never get it out there!
                :tongue::wink::omg:

Scott
                Agree! I need to get out there. I wanted to this weekend, but looks like were headed to San Diego park.

Comment

hi lift mount

i saw another guy who had his on the hood. he put it over the little grill u have on the hood kinda by where u have it on the pics. just a little more towards the front bumper. he used a pice of flat bar he had and kinda shaped it to the underside of the hood and mounted it to that for a little extar strength. those hi lift arent relly light and hoods arent very thick. especially the one on yours.

Comment

Working...
                  X