Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on k&n CAI and AMSoil filter and pre-filter

I thought I would give an update on the k&n CAI and the AMSoil filter + pre-fiilter I installed. I took it on our first trail ride with out the pre-filter. I did notice some dust inside the tube. I cleaned it, the filter and thought...hummmm. Then I bought the pre-filter. We went to Pismo Beach and our second run with MJR to Cleghorn. I check the tube after cleaning the filter. Guess what?......It was clean. So, I assume the pre-filter has helped.

Here is my take on it. If you buy the set-up I have, get the pre-filter. I have heard k&n filter w/prefilter you still get dust in there. The AMSoil filter and pre-filter you get none in my experience.

I am also not sure if I like the "air clean" the filter idea VS. k&n water to oil cleaning. It's like taking a shower, do you air clean or wash up and dry?

Any rate. The set-up how I have it now I am happy and would do it again. I didn't notice any MPG gain (not that I was looking too). The CAI isn't loud. Throttle is a little more responsive.

Any questions ask away.

Ron
    Last edited by Jeep4cern; 07-28-09, 12:19 AM.
Working...
X