Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ: Where do I find a totaled Rubicon?

The transmission in my Jeep is toast! I've weighed all the options and the decision has been made.... My Jeep is going to get parked and I'm going to buy a commuter car to drive back and forth to work.

I'm looking for a 42RLE to replace the dead one that is in my Jeep. At the same time, I'd like to replace the transfer case with a 241 out of a Rubicon. And while I'm at it, I'm thinking that front and rear D44's with the standard air lockers and the 4.10s out of a Rubicon would be nice to do as well.

So I'm thinking that what I really need is to find is a roll-over Rubicon that has been totaled, but that has the power train and axels intact. I know that there are people on here that have taken totaled Jeeps and rebuilt them. My question is "Where did you get it?" I've checked Craig's list and called a few Jeep junk yards, but no luck so far. I'm looking for some creative ideas as to where else to check.

Thanks!
    Help me fight Cancer: Visit tinyurl.com/3as4rn and support me in raising money for the American Cancer Society. Thanks!

i have found a few totals on ebay for not too much money. good luck

Comment

Finding any wrangler at a junk yard is hard.

I still have yet to see one.Except Scotty's in Fontana, but prices are like new ones.

Comment

www.daveysjeeps.com
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

BROTHERS 4x4 (909)930-9955

Originally posted by Unlimited View Post
          The transmission in my Jeep is toast! I've weighed all the options and the decision has been made.... My Jeep is going to get parked and I'm going to buy a commuter car to drive back and forth to work.

I'm looking for a 42RLE to replace the dead one that is in my Jeep. At the same time, I'd like to replace the transfer case with a 241 out of a Rubicon. And while I'm at it, I'm thinking that front and rear D44's with the standard air lockers and the 4.10s out of a Rubicon would be nice to do as well.

So I'm thinking that what I really need is to find is a roll-over Rubicon that has been totaled, but that has the power train and axels intact. I know that there are people on here that have taken totaled Jeeps and rebuilt them. My question is "Where did you get it?" I've checked Craig's list and called a few Jeep junk yards, but no luck so far. I'm looking for some creative ideas as to where else to check.

Thanks!
          Give us a holler of what it is your looking for,we might just have what your looking for. (909)930 -9955

:shout:[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"].WE DO REAR ENDS.[/COLOR]

brothers4x4.com
          facebook.com/brothers4x4
          brothers4x4.biz

Comment

This weekend is Jeep Jamboree at the Rubicon. Go to the bottom of Big Sluice and just wait a bit. I'm sure one will come rolling down eventually :-)
            Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
            Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
            HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

haha now thats funny... in a mean kinda way.
              1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Originally posted by nwoods View Post
                This weekend is Jeep Jamboree at the Rubicon. Go to the bottom of Big Sluice and just wait a bit. I'm sure one will come rolling down eventually :-)
                lol.

Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Have you tryed something like this ?
                  http://www.ridesafely.com/?SiteType=...S%20FOR%20SALE
                  Dennis and Tammy
                  Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Working...
                  X