Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @#$%^&* bummed out

well just to give an update the engine builder put a 3 row all metal radiator in it and a new coolant reservoir and it was a beautiful thing. ran at 190 up the pass. but i blew the trans up. what the hell is going on? i must have the worst year xj made. one @#$%^ thing after another. does any one know if i can put a trans out of the h.o. models in mine or are they different. give me some ideas before i light the @#$%^ thing on fire and walk away.

take video if you light it on fire
    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Dude! dont burn it! cruise on over to NAXJA.org for all the XJ tech you might need
      An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

I'll bring hot dogs and buns. Who's bringing the cold beverage?

Comment

Ray,

What year XJ? I know that my mechanic "Ken" (www.thejeepguyonline.com) has a couple of donor XJ's in the backyard and Kevin (1BADFNZ) has a donor in his yard. Both live in Hesperia. Hope that helps.

Mitch

Comment

cold drinks here
            censored for having an opinion

Comment

x2 on NAXJA
              I think all the AW4's though are pretty interchangeable. The only thing I've been told is they don't rebuild very well and to put a used one in. The AW4's are pretty bullet proof, mine has 217K on it.
              Are you sure they hooked the cooling lines up right when they replaced the radiator? Seems like a big coincidence.
              Gregg Turk
              West Oak Hills
              greggturk.com
              95 Jeep Cherokee, 69 Jeep CJ5

Comment

Originally posted by tgregg View Post
                x2 on NAXJA
                I think all the AW4's though are pretty interchangeable. The only thing I've been told is they don't rebuild very well and to put a used one in. The AW4's are pretty bullet proof, mine has 217K on it.
                Are you sure they hooked the cooling lines up right when they replaced the radiator? Seems like a big coincidence.
                x2. Double check.

Comment

mitch i got an 89 its a auto trans bolted to a 242 transfer case. other than that i dont know. im not sure if there are any differences between the h.o. motor or not mine isnt the h.o. . i thought the only difference in the xj's was auto or manual. i live in phelan pinion hills area off 138 and beekley. i appreciate any help. just let me know

Comment

tgregg

what are aw4s and x2 im new to the jeep thing and just started learning about the drivertrain on them. ive only had it for about 6 mos. and just started getting into it. had i known better i wouldnt of bought this pile i would of got the h.o.

Comment

ray ray is that you? dick
                      But can we SURVIVE 2 more years?

Comment

the older ones are 21 spline count and newer are 23 spline count so if you do the newer one you need to do the newer transfer case also,,iirc

Comment

Just missed the Clunker trade in program!
                          http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Comment

Originally posted by provelogear View Post
                            Just missed the Clunker trade in program!
                            Just heard today that Congress wants to add $2,000,000,000.00 (That's two billion!) to the program
                            SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                            MJR moderator
                            MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                            Jeep Patrol Leader
                            Reforestation Supervisor
                            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                            Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                              Just heard today that Congress wants to add $2,000,000,000.00 (That's two billion!) to the program
                              I thought I heard it was approved.

Comment

Working...
                              X